PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and Joy From Sunny Saskatchewan!

VinceDrake
11-19-2007, 11:05 PM
Greetings and Joy all!

I'm the Semi-proud owner of a 250cc "Wuxan" ATV. (Yes, yes, the "bug-eyed monster") I was skeptical, but what a tough piece of machinery! Initial run in took forever to stop turning the oil sparkly, but it has been clean for the last 2 changes (Lucas 20w50 Motorcycle synth.) So I figure it should be done with that now.

Anyways, I just thought I should say hi, and if I could ask a couple questions....

--Who the heck spec'd 4 ply tires for a 250cc ATV?

--Anyone wanna sell me a LIfan 200cc Streeter? :)

Nice to meet y'all...
--Vince From South Sask...

AZ200cc
11-20-2007, 11:50 AM
Welcome to the forums

panterra_rider
11-22-2007, 09:17 PM
Hey...go Riders, man!

I'm near Regina. I've been on this forum since it was a baby. I got the Pantera-branded bikes out of Grandwest in Saskatoon. I think they're coming out with a street-legal 200 or 250 bike for next year so watch for it.

You're right about the motor - seems to be the strongest link in these machines. I'm in the market for a 250cc ATV (just bought an acreage) so I'll have to check out wuxan.

Can't answer your other question tho. 4-ply...well, I'll be gall-danged.

cheers,
R.

VinceDrake
11-23-2007, 10:44 PM
All the way Baby! I predict 32-24 Riders!

Ironically, I'm just outside Regina, Pilot Butte to be exact! The Wuxan was rebadged as a ZMC on Flea-bay. All in all I'm happy with it, other than the oem choice of tires. Top speed trials average about 75-80km/h, WOT, maintained for 25 miles. I figured if it was going to barf, I'd rather it barfed during the warranty period...

Grand West, as in Grand West Auto Supply? I've been getting etc, from them for years!

Nice to run into another Saskatchewanite!

--Vince

warrior91
11-30-2007, 12:44 AM
Riders Win ! :lol:
Nice to see some Sask. pride representing...

Any how, I'm new on the site and am looking for knowledge pertaining to cross refrencing Jap parts with Chinese copies.
My wife and I got some new chinese technology for our kids ...2 bikes for the price of 1.(including shipping and tax) It is hard to beat $1700 for 2008 150 quad and 2008 125 mx (17" frontrim/14" rear)

As the bikes run I'll report on probs or good times.

So far the atv runs good but the battery did not make 2 days..
Thankfully the kickstart and auto choke work well. :roll:

The dirtbike drove home through the snow and is resting comfortably in the basement awaiting mods .

The plastic seems thicker than what I have seen in the past and everything that can be aluminium is... :D Nice gas res. shocks, real tires,waverotors, dual piston hyd. brakes etc... The atv looks like a shrunk Grizzly (nice design)

More to come......Warrior91
Thanks to the mods for a sorely needed site!