PDA

View Full Version : Trying to buy a China Bike

jerryjoe
04-17-2017, 01:32 PM
I joined this group back in February. At the time I was about $700 into saving money towards my purchase. I was leaning heavily towards the purchase of a HAWK 250. There were no HAWK's on Craigslist within driving distance of Lafayette, LA (I consider driving distance somewhere less than 200 miles) so I continued saving money with the idea that when I reached $1300-$1400 I would simply purchase the bike online. Most of what I read on this site had me looking at APSCUSA as the potential vendor I would deal with. Well, I'm finally at my target dollar savings amount but as I was researching my potential purchase this weekend I see the Bashan Enforcer. The nutshell of what I gleaned from what I read was that it is similar to the HAWK. It has bigger tires and greater seat height which I like because I'm a big guy (6 foot 240lbs). From everything I've seen, there is the magician and the HAWK that moto cheez has reviewed saying that the hawk fits him better and that his body size seems to be along the lines of where I am. So the HAWK wins out over the magician. But the Enforcer is even bigger which leads me to believe I would fit more comfortably on it. Also to consider is the fact that the Enforcer has the better carb and front/rear gears that most HAWK owners report upgrading. And the final consideration is that the Enforcer appears to be more "registerable" than the HAWK. I've already spoken with JerryHAWK250 who lives here in Louisiana and registering the HAWK doesn't seem to be a problem so either bike would be fine as far as that goes. So I call to APSCUSA to make my purchase and find out that the Enforcer is out of stock and won't be available until the middle/end of May. "well, what about the HAWK" I asked. Turns out that they stopped selling them because of the registerability issue mentioned earlier. So my question to you folks is this: do you have any suggestions? Wait for the Enforcer to come back into stock at APSCUSA? (I've waited a long time already. I'm kinda ready to buy my bike now). I'd consider buying the ENFORCER from another site but I can't find one besides APSCUSA. Maybe go with the HAWK? Besides APSCUSA I've been reading about the nightmares y'all have dealt with from other vendors.

Merlin
04-17-2017, 01:39 PM
If you wait for the May date from APSCUSA you might be waiting for May in 2020. They have had there storm on "3 week back order" for going on 2 years. Just a head's up!

jerryjoe
04-17-2017, 01:41 PM
If you wait for the May date from APSCUSA you might be waiting for May in 2020. They have had there storm on "3 week back order" for going on 2 years. Just a head's up!

That's what I was afraid of.

JerryHawk250
04-17-2017, 02:26 PM
Try here http://www.q9powersports.com/Hawk-250cc-Enduro-Dirt-Bikes.html Adam Rinkleff a member here is with RPS and is a site he backs.

jerryjoe
04-17-2017, 02:42 PM
Try here http://www.q9powersports.com/Hawk-250cc-Enduro-Dirt-Bikes.html Adam Rinkleff a member here is with RPS and is a site he backs.

just called them. they are out of stock

JerryHawk250
04-17-2017, 02:57 PM
just called them. they are out of stock
Try killermotorsports.com. I got an atv from them about 2 years ago without any issues. https://www.killermotorsports.com/rps-hawk-250cc-dirt-bike.html

jerryjoe
04-17-2017, 05:00 PM
Try killermotorsports.com. I got an atv from them about 2 years ago without any issues. https://www.killermotorsports.com/rps-hawk-250cc-dirt-bike.html

They're out too

Merlin
04-17-2017, 05:11 PM
PM Adam Rinkleff and ask him if he knows what's going on. He will know and if anyone can get you a Hawk he can.

Bruce's
04-17-2017, 05:40 PM
There is also that guy Culcune knows ,he seems pretty helpful

culcune
04-17-2017, 08:36 PM
Alan Tang can get hold of Hawks via drop-shipping from RPS, provided they have them in stock. He is not familiar with the Bashan Enforcer's distributor, however. If you want a Hawk, try Alan at Excalibur Motorsports 909-591-8800. If you want a Enforcer, I have seen them here:

https://www.superiorpowersports.com/category_s/145.htm

I believe that Superior has a new owner so is apparently better to deal with than their reputation of past times.

BlackBike
04-17-2017, 10:10 PM
Alan Tang can get hold of Hawks via drop-shipping from RPS, provided they have them in stock. He is not familiar with the Bashan Enforcer's distributor, however. If you want a Hawk, try Alan at Excalibur Motorsports 909-591-8800. If you want a Enforcer, I have seen them here:

https://www.superiorpowersports.com/category_s/145.htm

I believe that Superior has a new owner so is apparently better to deal with than their reputation of past times.

They actually have a "450cc Dirtbikes" section. Press it and see what happens :lmao:

jerryjoe
04-18-2017, 12:18 AM
They actually have a "450cc Dirtbikes" section. Press it and see what happens :lmao:

I did. They have nothing under 450cc. Not sure I'd want a 450 dirt bike. Can you imagine doing 120 and hitting a patch of sand or gravel.

BlackBike
04-18-2017, 12:24 AM
I did. They have nothing under 450cc. Not sure I'd want a 450 dirt bike. Can you imagine doing 120 and hitting a patch of sand or gravel.

Actually, I'm having kittens waiting for the chance . Top speed is 99:hehe:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/doIuQlx3BnE/maxresdefault.jpg

BlackBike
04-18-2017, 12:29 AM
Yes , I here ya jerryjoe

:wtf:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT78ZdjbYqWNfI9EWlEGrS99jm0R1RdE _Q1m6eyn55I4KGU3KnCMQ

timcosby
04-18-2017, 12:54 AM
hawk and enforcer tires are the same size i think 18/21

culcune
04-18-2017, 01:05 AM
Actually, I'm having kittens waiting for the chance . Top speed is 99:hehe:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/doIuQlx3BnE/maxresdefault.jpg

I do like the vast amount of storage! :tup: Was thinking what I could buy that would match my TGB built-in delivery box, and this would probably get close. 99 you say!? Bonus!!

timcosby
04-18-2017, 01:10 AM
ebay has hawks available if your in a good state to get a tag. not a whole lot of diff in the enforcer and hawk. i got mine off of ebay. no problems at all. never had to call anybody for the paperwork or bike.

tommy.
04-18-2017, 07:39 AM

I see that Adam Rinkleff last login is over a month. Do you or anyone know if he still works for RPS?

jerryjoe
04-18-2017, 10:00 AM
I've called every online vendor that has been suggested. The most recent one, superior power sports, I've called twice. They don't answer. No one seems to have hawks or enforcers. I've pm'd ski rush, he is selling an enforcer. I'll also take timcosby's advice and check ebay. Man I hate ebay. But that's another story. It's really hard having the money and not being able to get my hands on a bike.

2LZ
04-18-2017, 10:02 AM
I see that Adam Rinkleff last login is over a month. Do you or anyone know if he still works for RPS?

Between the very sudden lack of bikes across the internet world, like I've never seen before, even CSC no being able to get any TT250's and no word why....and the lack of Adam here, I'm getting this disruption in the China Bike Force.

I wonder if the Bashan hub-bub with the EPA a short while back has put the kybosh on all CB imports? I think we need "Inspector Culcune" on the case.........

2LZ
04-18-2017, 10:05 AM
I'd love to have that floating rotor on that RX4.

JerryHawk250
04-18-2017, 10:06 AM
Between the very sudden lack of bikes across the internet world, like I've never seen before, even CSC no being able to get any TT250's and no word why....and the lack of Adam here, I'm getting this disruption in the China Bike Force.

I wonder if the Bashan hub-bub with the EPA a short while back has put the kybosh on all CB imports? I think we need "Inspector Culcune" on the case.........

It looks like even the Hawk is unavailable too.

Merlin
04-18-2017, 10:50 AM

I've said it before so I'll say it once more, my people in China say (yes they said it to me I didn't read it somewhere and more then one suppler, remember I own Merlin Motors and I import lots of stuff to build my bikes and I have done so for going on 15 years) customs are giving every thing going to the US the once twice thrice over. What use to take 3 days now takes 30 days or there not letting it go through at all.
They say they don't trust what the don is up to. :hmm:

jerryjoe
04-18-2017, 11:18 AM
I've said it before so I'll say it once more, my people in China say (yes they said it to me I didn't read it somewhere and more then one suppler, remember I own Merlin Motors and I import lots of stuff to build my bikes and I have done so for going on 15 years) customs are giving every thing going to the US the once twice thrice over. What use to take 3 days now takes 30 days or there not letting it go through at all.
They say they don't trust what the don is up to. :hmm:
I'd like to see the TRUMP ENFORCER. If anyone in America can afford to put out a thousand dollar 250 cc dual sport it's the Donald

jerryjoe
04-18-2017, 12:38 PM
So I just got through PMing Ski rush about the Enforcer he has for sale. In his original post back in March when he bought the bike from APSCUSA he stated that he paid $1050 for the bike. I offered him $900. That's $150 less than he paid and what I feel was a solid offer. Dude lost his mind. Telling me to stay with the stupid people and to go buy a scooter. Am I missing something? Isn't a 900 dollar offer on a used vehicle that originally cost 1050 a good offer?

goat67
04-18-2017, 01:00 PM
So I just got through PMing Ski rush about the Enforcer he has for sale. In his original post back in March when he bought the bike from APSCUSA he stated that he paid $1050 for the bike. I offered him $900. That's $150 less than he paid and what I feel was a solid offer. Dude lost his mind. Telling me to stay with the stupid people and to go buy a scooter. Am I missing something? Isn't a 900 dollar offer on a used vehicle that originally cost 1050 a good offer?

I would not even consider that offer. The bike is like new low miles. You did not cover any shipping costs on the bike. And where can you get a bike like that for 1050.00?

JerryHawk250
04-18-2017, 01:10 PM
What you have to remember is that yes he paid $1050 for an unassembled bike. When he assemble the bike he took his time to remove a put Loctite on every bolt he touched, replaced all fluids, installed new chain and replaced inter tube with HD tube. This is the same reason you pay more for a CSC TT250. I paid $1099 for my Hawk and with time and labor I put into it upgrading it I wouldn't take less than what I paid for it.

Merlin
04-18-2017, 01:17 PM

He paid a lot more with shipping you have to include that in the price. With all the work he put into building the bike it should sell for MORE then what he paid NOT less. It feels to me your trying to hose the guy. Remember he has the only new Chinese bike for sale anywhere so he can ask what ever he wants to ask and he might just get it! :tdown:

2LZ
04-18-2017, 01:17 PM
He paid 1050 for the bike, probably before shipping and tax, not counting registration. Plus it's only got 20 miles on it and comes pre-assembled and basically safety checked. It's a brand new bike.

That said, to avoid this from happening and having miscommunications between forum members, there probably should have been a price listed to work from for a "reasonable offer". I may be mistaken but I don't think I saw a price in the original post. It just leaves it so wide open for hurt feelings.....

jerryjoe
04-18-2017, 01:23 PM
I would not even consider that offer. The bike is like new low miles. You did not cover any shipping costs on the bike. And where can you get a bile like that for 1050.00?

The 1050 was what he paid. It's in his post on this forum. I hear what jerry hawk 250 is saying about assembly. That cost is around 200 on most sites. So 1250 for the bike and the cheapest shipping quote I got was around 300. So I'd pay 1550 for a used bike that I can get new for 1500. Why would I do that. That bike is worth 1250 new not used. All vehicles depreciate. My point is that if he thought 900 was low why not counter offer with 1200. The prices aren't that far off. I woulda come back with 1000 and maybe we settle on 1100. It's called haggling. But to go right to personal insults seems uncalled for.

Ski_rush
04-18-2017, 01:26 PM
JerryJoe...Please do not try to get into a posting war. The price that I paid is irrelevant. First, it was a special sale price that is no longer available. New assembled Hawks at a dealer near me sell for $1599. Any Hawk or Enforcer, if you can find them, sell for about $1350-1400, unassembled. And, you also risk getting a damaged one or not getting one for a really long time. There's something to be said for a bike that is available, already assembled, and damage free. Hence, the dealer near me selling the hawk for $1600, grab and go.

Your offer of $900 is ridiculous, and frankly insulting. How dumb would I need to be to sell my bike for $900?! The comment I made in my private message to you was in reference to the fact that you must think I'm really dumb if you think I would accept an offer for $900.

This is the reason I blocked you from PM'ing me. Don't post crap about someone on an open forum that was sent privately between us. Not only is that probably a violation, but it's kind of child-like. Let's be grown ups. In my private message between us, I also said let's just go our separate ways. Which is still what I suggest. Don't​ Pm me and don't post anything about me. Be a grown-up​. You made a dumb offer and were rebuffed. Get over it.

However, the silver lining in it all is that you reaffirmed my interest in my own bike. Thank you for that. I'm keeping it and going to enjoy it. Happy hunting.

jerryjoe
04-18-2017, 01:46 PM
JerryJoe...Please do not try to get into a posting war. The price that I paid is irrelevant. First, it was a special sale price that is no longer available. New assembled Hawks at a dealer near me sell for $1599. Any Hawk or Enforcer, if you can find them, sell for about $1350-1400, unassembled. And, you also risk getting a damaged one or not getting one for a really long time. There's something to be said for a bike that is available, already assembled, and damage free. Hence, the dealer near me selling the hawk for $1600, grab and go.

Your offer of $900 is ridiculous, and frankly insulting. How dumb would I need to be to sell my bike for $900?! The comment I made in my private message to you was in reference to the fact that you must think I'm really dumb if you think I would accept an offer for $900.

This is the reason I blocked you from PM'ing me. Don't post crap about someone on an open forum that was sent privately between us. Not only is that probably a violation, but it's kind of child-like. Let's be grown ups. In my private message between us, I also said let's just go our separate ways. Which is still what I suggest. Don't​ Pm me and don't post anything about me. Be a grown-up​. You made a dumb offer and were rebuffed. Get over it.

However, the silver lining in it all is that you reaffirmed my interest in my own bike. Thank you for that. I'm keeping it and going to enjoy it. Happy hunting.
All I'm saying is that if you thought 900 was low all you had to do was say that you wouldn't take less than 1500 or 2000 or whatever. If you had a price in mind already you should have led with that. Could have saved everyone a lot of trouble. Sounds like you are saying your bike is worth 1600 plus upgrades. I disagree.

tommy.
04-18-2017, 01:57 PM
It looks like even the Hawk is unavailable too.

One of Adam Rinkleff last post: 03-08-2017, 12:39 PM "We have 300 Hawks in the warehouse, and 200 XMotos. More containers are in transit." You would think they would be available

Ski_rush
04-18-2017, 02:15 PM
All I'm saying is that if you thought 900 was low all you had to do was say that you wouldn't take less than 1500 or 2000 or whatever. If you had a price in mind already you should have led with that. Could have saved everyone a lot of trouble. Sounds like you are saying your bike is worth 1600 plus upgrades. I disagree.

:p

culcune
04-18-2017, 02:55 PM
This really should have stayed in the PM, jerryjoe, not brought out to the 'court of public opinion'. I would generally agree with you in spirit, but he owns the bike and has the final say-so, so that is where it should have stayed. Not only that, Chinabikes, even used ones, have gone up in asking price, so me saying that I 'agree in spirit' is actually me being naïve to what is going on currently (my mind is stuck in 2009 :hehe:). There are a few deals, but those are circumstantial and geographically limited.

That being said, I think we can move on, now.

2LZ
04-18-2017, 03:30 PM
Chinabikes, even used ones, have gone up in asking price.

...and will continue to, it seems, at least for a while.

Leaving anything political completely out of it, there are other things happening in the market that's reflecting on the current situation. One being, as Merlin states, getting something through customs from China take 30 days instead of 3. What has caused that was probably started from the VW debacle and worked its way out, PLUS, there was the Bashan thing that happened. I'm not sure on the exact details but I think they got busted for something concerning the EPA, if I recall. Culcune would know more, I'm sure.

You put these things together with the fact that the secret's out regarding CB's. Look how many new members and bikes have shown up here on China Riders, just in the last year! With how expensive the Japanese bikes have become, some not that much better than a CB (Suzuki DR200 comes to mind), it's no wonder.

With the lack of available inventory, plus the upsurge in new buyers, expect prices to climb. Basic supply and demand.

jerryjoe
04-18-2017, 03:45 PM
This really should have stayed in the PM, jerryjoe, not brought out to the 'court of public opinion'. I would generally agree with you in spirit, but he owns the bike and has the final say-so, so that is where it should have stayed. Not only that, Chinabikes, even used ones, have gone up in asking price, so me saying that I 'agree in spirit' is actually me being naïve to what is going on currently (my mind is stuck in 2009 :hehe:). There are a few deals, but those are circumstantial and geographically limited.

That being said, I think we can move on, now.

No problem. I wasn't upset with the asking price. I agree, that is absolutely up to the seller. But I have every right to disagree with the asking price without being called stupid. I felt that this forum also had the right to know what it's members were made of. I'm a grown man that stopped name calling when I was 10 and sticking my tongue out when I was 3. If CR is OK with that regardless of whether or not the message was "private"....it went down on the CR website. I'd like to hear from an administrator who will tell me that CR is cool with members disrespecting one another as long as it is in PM.

Sir kayakalot
04-18-2017, 04:36 PM
Call me stupid or whatever but I won't take $1500 for my Hawk, PERIOD.

Ski_rush
04-18-2017, 07:37 PM
Call me stupid or whatever but I won't take $1500 for my Hawk, PERIOD.

How about $900?

Just kidding...:lmao:

Sir kayakalot
04-18-2017, 09:44 PM
You just pushed it up to $1550 lol

tommy.
04-19-2017, 11:23 AM
Sent Email yesterday to Rickypowersports (RPS) asking about the Hawk no reply yet, they must be to busy for a reply. Has anyone PM Adam Rinkleff?