PDA

View Full Version : I Want a Cheap Dirtbike! Are Th e Ebay 250's All The Same?

WOT
11-22-2007, 06:39 AM
Im looking to get my first dirt bike just to screw around on, learn how to ride and have some trail fun with. I seen these cheap bikes on ebay and they seem pretty cool.

I noticed there are some with 16/18" times and some with 21/18" tires.

There are 3 main sellers on ebay selling the bigger bikes out of bc, are they all the same people sellng the same bike? Or are they different bikes?

I see some for 599, 699 and 899. Shipping @ 349US is kinda of a killer to

Is there any retailers here in toronto to get it from where that shipping cost can be avoided?

Thanks for any info guys

katoranger
11-22-2007, 08:35 AM
http://www.daymak.com/ has locations in Toronto

WOT
11-22-2007, 06:34 PM
there also $2000 there + tax

Ebay is $1100 ish

Would love a local dealer, but dont wanna pay THAT much for one

Back to the question, are thye all the same generally if you get the same tire size

ambassador
11-22-2007, 10:31 PM
WOT,
Generally the Enduros are pretty much the same, some variants depending on who built it (Lifan, Zongshen, etc.) as are the Moto-X bikes lately, as far as price is concerned you need to do alot of homework and research... E-bay is one way to go but you lose some options and have a shipping charge ($300 is about the norm) If you buy from a dealer you don't have a shipping charge and don't have to assemble it so you will pay more (everything is included) and you have someone to complain to in person if things are not right... 21/18 is for bigger/adult riders, 19/16 for smaller/teen riders... Hope this helps, have fun...

WOT
11-23-2007, 08:34 AM
Hey, Well yeah only difference I notced form buying local and buying from ebay is a BIG price difference, $1,142 shipped, insured and deliverred off Ebay and $2000+ tax for one locally.

Im just trying to figure out if one specific Ebay seller sells a better quality bike with more power or better shocks or anything like that.

THanks
Kevin

katoranger
11-24-2007, 04:34 PM
You can buy one from ebay and have $900 to spend on upgrades.

Allen

WOT
11-25-2007, 06:01 PM
You can upgrade these bikes?

katoranger
11-25-2007, 09:09 PM
Accessories and universal parts. Not really and aftermarket parts for these bikes yet, but at least you can take the money you saved and used it to buy different tires, bars, grips, etc.

WOT
11-26-2007, 06:48 AM
I also hear when shit brakes (bearings and such) most parts are direct replacement with some of the bigger comanies parts, is that true?

katoranger
11-26-2007, 07:53 AM
Depends on the model. I have looked and it appears that some honda pads may fit. Look in the cross-reference parts sticky in the dual sport section. I know some seals have been found and possibly bearings.

I don't know if that has been confirmed yet.

Allen

FranktheTank
11-18-2010, 06:47 AM
I live in Toronto as well and am actually trying to sell my bike if interested. The bike is mint but I want to get a bigger bike. I was foolish as I am 6'3" 215lbs and bought a daymak 140. Bike is great with decent power so I am going to buy another one...a 250 though with bigger tires. It's yours if you want it. It is a 2009 and in perfect condition. Lemme know and we can chat about a price.

MICRider
11-18-2010, 07:58 AM
I live in Toronto as well and am actually trying to sell my bike if interested. The bike is mint but I want to get a bigger bike. I was foolish as I am 6'3" 215lbs and bought a daymak 140. Bike is great with decent power so I am going to buy another one...a 250 though with bigger tires. It's yours if you want it. It is a 2009 and in perfect condition. Lemme know and we can chat about a price.

Welcome to the boards Frank. You might be farther ahead listing your bike in the For Sale section of the forum as this thread is 3 years old and the original poster more than likely already got another bike :). Throw some pictures of it up as well, we all love pics here at Chinariders!

Cheers,
Stew