PDA

View Full Version : TAOTAO 110h4

chrism1
11-25-2007, 07:00 AM
Any one have anything to say about the 110h4 by TAOTAO.Just bought my wife one,shes had the "itch" for a while.This is the upgraded model front brakes,larger tires,rear rack and reverse tranny.Anything for a heads up?Figured it would be a good starter for her and my 14 yo daughter. :?:

jwalker84
11-28-2007, 05:14 PM
Chris,
I just bought a Taotao ATA-250-E for my wife two weeks ago. It looked pretty cool but up close I noticed the chrome was coming off anywhere that is chrome. The cables were not lubed along with many joints.
I did the whole locktite thing and took it out last weekend. Overall I was pretty disappointed in the ride. It seemed like it wasn't very stable and the motor didn't get up very high in fourth gear. After about 10 minutes the chain loosened and kept falling off. Later that day I had noticed a larger bolt had fallen out that helps keep tention on the chain. I had forgot to locktite these.
I jumped on a newer Honda 250 and it seemed night and day and much safer. I am going to fix the chain try some mods and give it another try. Then I will see if it is worth keeping.
John.

ejcycles
11-30-2007, 09:38 AM
Hi Guys

I just started selling The TaoTao brand about a month ago. Only sold a few but as far as a cheap ATV goes they are pretty good. The Assembly, Prep & PDI is very time consuming.
Being an Ohio Dealer with our regulations and insurance regulations, selling them already assembled saves the consumer a lot of headaches!

I still say that Redcat is made 100% better, the MPX-70 has a heavier frame than any of the TaoTao 110's. Redcat may be owned by Tank Sports now, but they are still made by the same manufacturer as when Redcat was Redcat.

JRB73IN
12-19-2007, 10:29 PM
I just bought my son a 110h4, he had a honda xr50, but has a problem with his balance, and he really wanted a four wheeler, as I have a yamaha warrior 350. So I ran across a guy that I did some work for and now he is selling these taotao toys. I looked at the smaller 110s and I saw exactly what you are talking about, I think that they dont use any lock tite on any thing. I am picking it up on friday, for santa to deliver on tuesday morning. I will be sure to pull them all loose and lock tite every thing and grease and lube everything before it gets to the house. Thanks for the heads up.

ejcycles
12-20-2007, 07:26 AM
Hi All & JRB73IN

You will need to change the front sprocket to a 12 tooth and change the lock cog and bolts. If you don't they will burn up the clutch as there is too much drag on the clutch with the 14 tooth stock front sprocket. I will have the bolts & lock cogs in stock next week to do this. I have sprockets, but I'm ordering more.

This is so far only on the 110H-4's that I have received. The gearing inside the engine is different with the Forward & Reverse.

All of the other TaoTao ATVS w/Complete automatics are Ok because they don't have Reverse.

HardlyDangerous
12-20-2007, 01:25 PM
I agree
gear them down not only will it give it a lot more torque and get up to speeds a lot faster but the clutch will last a lot longer.

I also recommend finding a chain guide and fabricating it to fit on the swing arm so even if the chain is a little loose it won't fall off.
I used one from a Yamaha Blaster on one of my customers.
For our 200 I used nylon blocks and attached them to the OE plastic skid plate with a couple screws. Works perfect.

BIGHIRT
02-14-2008, 01:25 PM
Hello everyone i'm new to this forum. but not new to chinese Atv's i've been servicing them for five years and selling them for the last two years.I have tested many brands and model which some were great and others junk. I just wanted to let anyone out there know if you have one of the TAOTAO 250 utility please make sure to use 0w-40 or 10w-40 4 stroke atv oil. TAOTAO is having problem with the clutches burning up in them so make sure your using a oil that's for wet clutches. Happy riding!

HIRT MOTORSPORTS

HardlyDangerous
02-26-2008, 02:29 PM
The oil you use MUST BE

JASO MA or JASO MA/MA2 approved.

0W-40 will work best. I recommebd switching to a synthetic after it is broken in or after a couple tanks of fuel.

I recommend Amsoil 0w-40 4 stroke