PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone I'm new with questions!!

Hancadam
11-26-2007, 11:10 AM
I have been considering a gy200 American Lifan for sometime now. I get a couple of bonuses at the beginning of the year that should make it happen. I am very familiar with these lifan engines. I have a obsession with old Honda 3 wheelers and have used a few Lifans in them. I have also been considering the Qingqi 200 GY. I emailed Qingqi asking info on there bike and was surprised to see basically the Lifan.

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/2651/vc200gy5ty9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Thats all for my ramblings now. Any input on this Qingqi would be appreciated.

katoranger
11-26-2007, 11:46 AM
Welcome to site.

That bike picture is a version of the 2006 American Lifan GY5. The 07 American Lifan has a rear drum brake and a counter balanced engine.

Where are located?

Allen

Hancadam
11-26-2007, 01:02 PM
Thats what I thought but the Lady from Qingqi sent it to me. Are they selling re badged Lifans? I am located close to Nashville Tennessee. I have had two Panterra 125 enduro's from Pepboys. They were pretty good considering the price and from what I have read the Lifans are tremendously better. I know the lifan engines I have bought where incredibly nice. I have read almost every relevant post on this Forum. Tons of great info. The Panterra's needed everyting you guys state in the new bike setup guidelines. I have thought about building a new XR200 also. I have read several threads asking weather the 200x engine and the 200s engines are compatible. Any Lifan 200cc engine will bolt to both the 200s and 200x, and likewise the Honda engines to the Chinese bikes. The only issue with the 3 wheelers are the kicker kicks backwards. I put a 200cc Lifan on a 200x and the only big mod I had to do was cut the cross member out of the bottom of the frame with a hack saw. I will keep you guys posted on what I buy. I am pretty sold on the Lifan since I am use to there motors. We actually have a Lifan dealer now, but there prices are high and I don't think they are American Lifan. I will most likely buy from http://motoxtreme.net/. I have read nothing but good from them. And since I am use to building 3 wheelers from the ground up, this bike should be no problem.

Jean26201
11-26-2007, 01:06 PM
Hi I am new on china riders and I own the Qingqi Gy125.

This motorcycle shas a high state of quality as it has no vibrations it has a Suzuki based engine and it is designed By Qingqi Themselves. My Motorcycle currently has 9000km on and I have not had one day of trouble.

Lifan Motorcycles hav bad vibrations and they use copied styles of other manufatorers If you wanna Go Chinese I would reccomend buying the Best On The market and that is in my opinion Qingqi

I hope I could help

Jean26201
11-26-2007, 01:09 PM
I forgot to say the above bike is not a Qingqi but Lifan based the company that imports them are Verucci they where assosiated with Qingqi But No longer are.

Hancadam
11-26-2007, 01:10 PM
Here is the Panterra I use to have. It was only 125cc, but would haul my 250 pound butt fine. The only reason I sold it was it was for Offroad use only. Pepboys would not supply the proper paperwork to make them street legal.
From what I have read on this Forum the consensus seems to be Lifan is the most reputable company from china. I really like the orange of the Qingqi though.
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/1622/panterraxb1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Hancadam
11-26-2007, 01:11 PM
I forgot to say the above bike is not a Qingqi but Lifan based the company that imports them are Verucci they where assosiated with Qingqi But No longer are.

Ohh, ok that clears that up. I really like the Qingqi's that are built like the Suzuki's. Are there any good online dealers for them? (Someone like Moto Extreme)

Jean26201
11-26-2007, 01:35 PM
Hi there is a importer in the USA You Should Go To the Qlink Website this is a genuine Qingqi But The name has just been changed in the states for marketing reasons here is the web address:www.qlinkmotor.com

Let me know if you want any more info

Hancadam
11-26-2007, 01:57 PM
Yes more info would be great. I really like the Qlink. I didn't know that was there name in America. A online seller would be great if you know of any. I found several dealers on there site in Al, GA, and TN. But none of them sell online. The TN dealer had a crappy site. Thanks for the info!!!

katoranger
11-26-2007, 02:08 PM
Lifan Motorcycles hav bad vibrations and they use copied styles of other manufatorers If you wanna Go Chinese I would reccomend buying the Best On The market and that is in my opinion Qingqi

I hope I could help

I haven't had many problems with mine after going the proper prepping. The 07 model lifans are even better.

Allen

Jean26201
11-26-2007, 02:17 PM
It is very difficult to find a dealer selling that model on the net I would recomend that you go to your nearest dealer and purchase it there.
I also wanted to tell you that Qingqi and The french make Peugeot have joined forces and qingqi will be manufactoring 5 of peugeot's models for peugeot because it is cheaper to build motorcycles in China.

Peugeot chose Qingqi because they are the biggest and the chinese company with the highest quality standards above all the other chinese models.

Hancadam
11-26-2007, 02:18 PM
Yes I know the Lifans are great bikes for the money. I have been looking into these Qlinks and they look incredibly nice. There motor seems to be a direct copy of the Suzuki DR200. They do seem to be a lot nicer, but cost 1000 more. I possibly found a good online seller:
http://www.extrememotorsales.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16531&js=n

Has anyone dealt with these people? Does $2350 seem right shipped to your door? Thanks again for the help.

Jean26201
11-26-2007, 02:24 PM
That is not a bad price for the qlink considering that this models sells for more than $3000-00 in other country's because Qingqi is a very popular make in South america, South Africa ,Australia ,Asia and may more

Hancadam
11-26-2007, 02:35 PM
Well the Qlink sure has thrown a wrench in my plans. I was pretty set on the Lifan, but the qlink looks much better to me. I may have to save for a couple months. Has anyone done a review on the Qlink?

Jean26201
11-26-2007, 02:48 PM
They did a full test on the Qingqi Gy 200 similar to the Qingqi 200 Motard ( Qlink ) in the Bike sa In South africa Where it was said to be the best Chinese Motorcycle on the market. Do you Want me to email you the report. Remember the bike in the review is the on/off road 200Qingqi and the Qingqi 200 Has much stronger suspension.

pumpkin
11-26-2007, 02:56 PM
i rode a q-link and only have 2 problims with them

first bad fuel mleage coupled with a small tank

second the shift lever is way to short really hard to up shift

on the plus side it is way smoother than my gy-5 ,a lot shorter seat hieght, and appears to be of better quality.

you can get a better shifter and possably a bigger tank.
member SamM has a q-link you may want to check his thread or pm him.

culcune
11-27-2007, 11:57 AM
They did a full test on the Qingqi Gy 200 similar to the Qingqi 200 Motard ( Qlink ) in the Bike sa In South africa Where it was said to be the best Chinese Motorcycle on the market. Do you Want me to email you the report. Remember the bike in the review is the on/off road 200Qingqi and the Qingqi 200 Has much stronger suspension.

Please post the link for all of us. The Qlink (re-badged Qingqi) in the US is very new to us, and the only reports we have had with Qingqi are from the members here from Sweden. One member ('Cybertron') had a major engine problem, but the others seem fine, with member 'Catastrophix' reporting regularly here. What country are you from, Jean26201? Do you have a photo of your bike?

I don't think that Qlink has an exclusive agreement with Qingqi. Qlink is a company that lets other manufacturers OEM for them, and they have a limited line-up of product. Qingqi used to have a distributor in Lousiana, and showed several models of their enduro on a site, I think was called www.pioneermotorsusa.com but now the link takes you directly to the manufacturer in China. They have a section of EPA/DOT bikes, so the possibity of having US-legal Qingqi bikes is still there. In fact, Qingqi lists several of their models as EPA/DOT legal on their Chinese site, so they, too, could theoretically sell us their own-badged bikes in the US (only if they really don't have an exclusive agreement with Qlink). I think their (Pioneer Motors) bikes were priced far higher than the "average" GY200, but still looked just like them, so lack of sales probably closed them down.

Qlink will only honor their warranty if the bike is bought and prepped by an authorized dealer. If you wanted to go mail-order/home assembled, then Lifan would be your best bet, with Brian at Motoxtreme your most reputable. I would suggest to find an authorized dealer, however. It would be worth the extra $$ for the piece of mind, provided you are fairly confident with your dealer's abilities. Besides the horror stories of the mail order bikes (many of those), we have seen a few here regarding the local dealer, too, not honoring warranties properly and that type of stuff.

xf200
12-04-2007, 02:22 PM
hello, im chris i have a xf200 and i love it i just havent been able to get it past the breakin because of cold weather i have ridden it on trails, the main road for about 30+ miles and no problems yet but i knew they would raise the price i bought mine at a local dealer and pay 2000 out the door not includeing tags and stuff but that one site 2199 and then shipping ?? 8)