PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Wires? What are they for?

JohnWayne007
05-25-2017, 10:09 PM
Hey guys, so i have my wireing harness all hooked up and everything is plugged in the right places, but for the life of me i cannot figure out what this connects to. Its a green and red wire near the back of the ATV by the battery tray. Everything works as it should but i cant help but wonder what this connects to.

Swampy
05-26-2017, 10:23 AM
If it's not for the tail/brake light it may just be a spare. Out of the crate both of mine had extra connectors in the wiring harness which leads me to believe they use the same harness for different vehicle applications.

Humanbeing may have more info on wiring diagram for your quad.

ripcuda
05-26-2017, 11:02 AM
It could be the connector for the rear foot brake, brake light switch. Which on my ATV, I did not have so I just have a free connector zip-tied out of the way.

Or an un-used connector for a fan? I have a water-cooled engine with radiator and fan and that looks similar to my fan 2-wire connector... which may be un-used on an air-cooled engine

Cheers!

FLASHLIGHTBOY
05-26-2017, 05:31 PM
check and see if there is power or ground there.... if you cross them when it is running... and it kills the spark,... that is for the tether...

JohnWayne007
05-26-2017, 06:35 PM
check and see if there is power or ground there.... if you cross them when it is running... and it kills the spark,... that is for the tether...

You hit the nail right on the head! Thanks for that, not sure why i dident think of that before. I guess because its a full size ATV i figured there wouldent be any tethers but i threw one on from a 50cc i had and sure enough it kills the engine when the tether is pulled!:doh: