PDA

View Full Version : Parts needed-Roketa db27a

ChiGongJitsu
12-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Hi, i need to know if any dealers on this forum can get parts for a Roketa db27a.

The parts i need are the footpeg mounts for left and right sides of the frame, and a skid plate for underneath the engine.

Is roketa.com the actual site for this company? i haven't tried to order the parts from that site...not sure if you have to be a dealer to buy parts from roketa.com

Any info is greatly appreciated!

katoranger
12-04-2007, 08:59 PM
Culcune and SamM are parting bikes. They might have those parts.

Allen

ChiGongJitsu
12-18-2007, 10:05 PM
hm...after a bit of soul searching, i ordered the parts i needed directly from roketa.com

it seems that they do not keep their website updated very accurately as to what parts come with what, and how much they cost.

after ordering what i needed a few days ago, i got an email today saying that they were adding parts onto my order 8O

and they decided to think that 1 means 2 and are trying to bill me for extra parts that i never ordered and dont need.

So, they recieved a very long and specific email as to what i really need. Also, i called them and left a very long message that was very specific and probably a bit on the snippy side due to the fact that they were trying to charge me for 40 bucks worth of crap that i didn't order!!!

I'll keep you all posted as to how it goes down...

ChiGongJitsu
12-20-2007, 09:07 PM
quick update to anybody reading this thread...

Roketa is extremely hard to get ahold of... I have not been able to get a person on the phone, i'm having to leave messages for them.

So, they sent me extra parts i don't need.

I ordered left and right footpegs with mounts, skidplate, and a few bolts and washers.

They sent AND BILLED me for these items and an extra kickstand and kickstand spring...I find it odd that a company would send you extra things that you didn't order and bill you for them.

So, they got a few angry messages in which i stated i will be expecting a refund from their mistake that they made.

i'll be posting more later.

ambassador
12-20-2007, 10:48 PM
They may just be expecting your next order for a kickstand and spring, it'll probably be the next thing to go, KIDDING, KIDDING....
Replace the bolts and washers with upgrades avail. at most hardware stores and send the other stuff back or try to sell it here, post a pic, you never know... You can call your CC company and have it taken off, most are pretty good about stuff like that... Hope this helps...

ChiGongJitsu
12-23-2007, 03:57 AM
Well, it seems they put customer orders on "open invoices"...although they never mention this on their customer agreement page... in fact the page is blank....seems very odd...

I'll be contacting the credit card company to see if they can do something about this overcharge...

The whole "open invoice" thing seems pretty dang shady to me...This might be the last Roketa motorcycle that i buy, and that's a shame because i like the bikes, and they're inexpensive...

I hate to justify the overcharge too, because part of me wants to think "oh it's not so bad" because the price of the bike plus the parts and the overcharge still leaves me under 800 bucks...But then the other part of me is still fuming about this whole thing.

I think I'll just be calling my bikes Zongshens from now on, not Roketas; because whatever brand loyalty I had for them just got thrown out the window :evil:

liverchip
12-27-2007, 01:51 PM
Too bad the morons at Roketa don't watch this board. Might open their eyes as to the stir that their business practices are causing. I'm right in their back yard but wouldn't touch them with a ten-foot pole.

ChiGongJitsu
12-28-2007, 09:46 PM
I got the parts and they bolted right up to the bike, no problems with the parts.

I just probably won't be buying a roketa ever again, just due to the way i was treated.

They acted like they weren't sending me extra parts, but they did. They were just too high up on their pedestal to unbolt the kickstand off of the peg mount, so they just sent the kickstand with it and charged me extra.

I still love the crap out of my bike though, and that's due to whoever manufactured it in China, not because of the importer lol.

Next time i find myself in dire need of parts, i'll call coolster, or bajamotorsports, or anybody else who imports this model, but definitely not Roketa lol.

Liverchip, you're definitely right, if they were smart they'd be interested in what their customers have to say.

I like that this forum has some dealers that are smart enough and do listen to what their customers have to say!

abcpowersports
01-15-2008, 11:22 PM
try mefast.com

ScottFla
01-16-2008, 10:53 AM
Just a quick note, take a look at the prices at abcpowersports.com, then note they try to act like they have a store front by posting office hours and an address, which they don't and then ask if you want to take any of his advice.

coleary15
01-16-2008, 02:35 PM
how do you order from roketa....i tried and i cant find any of my parts on there...

rich_e
01-16-2008, 08:32 PM
You have to find the parts list for your machine. Click on Products, locate your bike, or one like it. My ATV was not a Roketa, but I found one that was the same and luckily the parts fit.

Once you've located the bike, click on the Sale & Parts Menu button.

This will bring up parts diagrams of the various sub-assemblies (frame, engine, etc.).

Click on the diagram for the section you need parts for.

This will bring up a large picture of the parts diagram, with a price list below it. Figure out which part you need, scroll down to the parts list, locate the part number, and enter the quantity in the QTY field all the way on the right-had side of the table. Then, go back up to just below the parts diagram and click the Buy button. This will put the item in your shopping cart. Go back to the Product page (the parts diagram opened in a new window) and click on the Shopping Cart icon at the top right hand corner of the page. You'll need to register, provide you address and credit card info at this point to check-out.

Be advised:
Their prices are on the high side
They tack on an exorbitant amount amount for shipping and handling (example for my $160, 8lb gearbox the fee was $40 for DHL ground shipping-5 days from Ontario, CA to Kansas).
They're slow. I got an automated email response when I submitted the order. I didn't hear anything else from them for 10 days until I received an email from DHL with my tracking number. The order status on the web page never updated. In fact (as mentioned earlier in this thread) the invoice is still "open".

abcpowersports
01-16-2008, 08:38 PM
You have to find the parts list for your machine. Click on Products, locate your bike, or one like it. My ATV was not a Roketa, but I found one that was the same and luckily the parts fit.

Once you've located the bike, click on the Sale & Parts Menu button.

This will bring up parts diagrams of the various sub-assemblies (frame, engine, etc.).

Click on the diagram for the section you need parts for.

This will bring up a large picture of the parts diagram, with a price list below it. Figure out which part you need, scroll down to the parts list, locate the part number, and enter the quantity in the QTY field all the way on the right-had side of the table. Then, go back up to just below the parts diagram and click the Buy button. This will put the item in your shopping cart. Go back to the Product page (the parts diagram opened in a new window) and click on the Shopping Cart icon at the top right hand corner of the page. You'll need to register, provide you address and credit card info at this point to check-out.

Be advised:
Their prices are on the high side
They tack on an exorbitant amount amount for shipping and handling (example for my $160, 8lb gearbox the fee was $40 for DHL ground shipping-5 days from Ontario, CA to Kansas).
They're slow. I got an automated email response when I submitted the order. I didn't hear anything else from them for 10 days until I received an email from DHL with my tracking number. The order status on the web page never updated. In fact (as mentioned earlier in this thread) the invoice is still "open".
try mefast.com

frostbite
01-16-2008, 08:45 PM
try mefast.com

Please avoid duplicate posts!!!

I'm really getting tired of warning you about your forum posting habits and you've only been registered for a couple of days.