PDA

View Full Version : Just passed my road test on my China Bike!

PhildoScaggins
06-06-2017, 06:49 AM
In Maine we got rid of the permit and it is now required you take a 2 day course to get your license and costs about $300. I was grandfathered in and my permit was set to expire in July so I was running out of time. Yesterday I hopped on my Vader 125 in the rain and went out to the DMV. It was satisfying when he tore my permit up and told me I wouldn't be needing it anymore :) Done bragging for today.:yay:

cheesy
06-06-2017, 06:51 AM
Good deal.

kirbo7106
06-06-2017, 10:32 AM
The BEST way to celebrate that victory is...with a Road Trip!!!!

Congrats!:tup:

culcune
06-06-2017, 12:59 PM
In California and Arizona, if you take the test on a bike at or smaller than 125cc, you get a restricted license. Both used to allow the 'moped' law (needing only a car driver's license) to ride an under 50cc scooter, but no longer do that, so any bike from 1cc to 125cc (might be 150cc) is considered a motor-driven cycle and requires a restricted license. If you take the test on anything 126cc or over (it might actually be 150cc??) you get a full motorcycle endorsement. Is your license similar or are you good to go on any size machine? Does Maine recognize under 50cc scooters as mopeds?

PhildoScaggins
06-06-2017, 01:35 PM
Is your license similar or are you good to go on any size machine? Does Maine recognize under 50cc scooters as mopeds?

I'm good to go on any machine. I had taken my test earlier on my honda and failed due to it being unreliable. 50cc or under does not require a license. Maine just changed the law so that you are required to take a 2 day course. I'm pretty sure they have you learn/test on a 250cc bike of some sort.

PhildoScaggins
06-06-2017, 01:36 PM
The BEST way to celebrate that victory is...with a Road Trip!!!!

Congrats!:tup:

If the rain ever stops!>:(

Megadan
06-06-2017, 02:28 PM
Congrats on passing the test! It's kind of odd that they entirely did away with the permit, but I guess so many people simply spend the money on those courses it was decided to simply go that route in some effort to save themselves a few pennies.

PhildoScaggins
06-08-2017, 08:03 AM
Congrats on passing the test! It's kind of odd that they entirely did away with the permit, but I guess so many people simply spend the money on those courses it was decided to simply go that route in some effort to save themselves a few pennies.

We also had record deaths on motorcycles two summers ago. I understand it. In my permit class there were people who had never ridden a bike, or driven a stick shift. I couldn't imagine someone with no experience hopping on a 500cc bike and just going for it, but they do.

JerryHawk250
06-08-2017, 08:56 AM
If the rain ever stops!>:( Congrats on passing the test.:tup: I hear ya about the rain. It rain 10 days straight. It finally cleared up and looks good till sunday Then rain for most of next week. I did get to make a short ride this pass sunday. I went off road riding on the road. lol There were sections of the road were the Bayou was running across it. Even ran across a couple of gators looking for high ground lol.

kirbo7106
06-10-2017, 01:11 PM
If the rain ever stops!>:(

Did it ever stop raining? What do you think about your Vader? Have you modded it yet? Oh yeah....Let's see some PICTURES!!!!:tup:

cheesy
06-11-2017, 08:10 AM
Where is Woods, Me? I know my way around Knox and Waldo counties.

pistolclass
06-11-2017, 01:08 PM
Is Woods a town in Maine? I never heard of it, I've done a lot of travel/vacationing in Maine. Perhaps he means in the woods, lower case. Maine is pretty much all forest, aside for the coastal area. Absolutely beautiful. A powersports paradise.

I looked into buying property in Rangeley, Maine because my buddy has a place up there but the 6 hour drive killed the deal. The locals have built a powersport/adventure industry up there so they actually like folks with motorcycles/ATVs/snowmobiles. It brings jobs and money.