PDA

View Full Version : I'm off to see the Wizard! - Or at least what's in Phoenix...

Emerikol
07-01-2017, 01:01 PM
Hello All! For those of you who know me, you'll know the story. For those of you who don't, I'm moving to Arizona in a few weeks with my (increasingly large) collection of motorcycles and new tiny human (my wife has indicated that she'd like to come, too :lol:). So here's the short story: I have way too many parts and pieces that have come off of my motorcycles from the various upgrades and farkles I've done to them. I'm selling off all the stock parts, and the upgrades I've changed or removed. I'll try to put a comprehensive list together, but I'm sure I'll miss something and will have to keep updating. Make me an offer on the stuff and pay shipping, and I'll get it out to you pronto!

-Suzuki GSX-R Exhaust and Mid-Pipe kit for late model DR-650's (comes with a new exhaust gasket)
-Full stock Hawk Exhaust
-Stock Hawk Instrument Cluster and Speedo Cable
-Stock 2015 Suzuki DR-650 Speedo and Cable
-Stock 2015 Suzuki DR-650 Rear Spring (I was thinking of adapting this to the Hawk to make the rear suspension actually function)
-Stock DR-650 Front Springs (Set of two with original preload spacers, I replaced them with stiffer springs to accommodate the heavier 6.6 fuel tank and other mods on my DR)
-2016 Ural Gear-Up Stock Tractor Seat (Front and Rear are the same if you want to make a two-up tractor arrangement)
-120/90/17 Bridgestone Trailwing Rear Tire w/~40% tread left in center
-Stock front and rear sprockets for Hawk
-K&N Air Filter for Hawk (went with a pod-type in the end)
-Slightly used Bilt motorcycle cover with bag
-Stock Hawk gearshift leaver and front footpegs
-Factory intake assembly from a 1999 Mazda Miata

I'll continue to update the list as we pack up the garage and workshop. PM me if you're interested in anything. Thanks.

Emerikol
07-23-2017, 09:52 PM
So the Missus and i spent the weekend packing all the stuff we're not likely to need for the next six to eight weeks. We took four bags of stuff (mostly clothes and things we found stuffed in the back of closets) to the local Goodwill. We are really struggling to figure out how two thirty-somethings have managed to fill a three bedroom house with all this stuff!! It's going to be a lot tougher to keep our things slimmed down once Nugget gets here (She's due September 2nd, fingers crossed!).
That brings be to the reason I'm posting again in the classifieds section. If there is anybody that would like to walk my shop and have a look at some tools, spare parts, or just some of the interesting things I have on the shelves, please PM me and we can get together. I have a ton of mechanic/shop tools that are duplicates, so if you're missing anything in your set, I probably have it and would be happy to not have to drag it out to Arizona.
We have two quotes back from movers, and both of them are over $10K! We have another walkthrough scheduled for tomorrow, but I'm not optimistic that it will be any cheaper. Looks like it's going to be a Uhaul move for us. In any event, I have pretty much everything you can possibly think of, so if there's something you need or would like to have, please PM me and we can get together. Thanks everyone!

BlackBike
07-23-2017, 10:13 PM
Whoa this is coming into a rough patch for both of you. A huge relocation and first child inthe next 2 months. Im pulling for you both. Hoping it's smooth sailing

Emerikol
07-23-2017, 10:28 PM
Thanks, BlackBike! We'll get through it. Timing just was not on our side for this one. I was really worried about having to move our camper across the country with the Suburban (2002 with over 300K on the clock), however I found a solution that will allow me to tow the camper with the Uhaul.

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Weigh-Safe/WS07.html

The balls on Uhauls are all welded 2" jobs. I need a 2 5/16 for the camper. I was really having a hard time figuring out how to get the camper moved because I think that kind of trip would just be too much for our aging Suburban. I literally stumbled across this adapter, and picked it up. It came in last friday's mail, and it looks to be just the ticket Very well made and fits both the camper, and one of my 2" balls (snicker) like a charm. I'm going to buy another one to have for the trip just in case.

BlackBike
07-23-2017, 10:40 PM
Thanks, BlackBike! We'll get through it. Timing just was not on our side for this one. I was really worried about having to move our camper across the country with the Suburban (2002 with over 300K on the clock), however I found a solution that will allow me to tow the camper with the Uhaul.

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Weigh-Safe/WS07.html

The balls on Uhauls are all welded 2" jobs. I need a 2 5/16 for the camper. I was really having a hard time figuring out how to get the camper moved because I think that kind of trip would just be too much for our aging Suburban. I literally stumbled across this adapter, and picked it up. It came in last friday's mail, and it looks to be just the ticket Very well made and fits both the camper, and one of my 2" balls (snicker) like a charm. I'm going to buy another one to have for the trip just in case.

Probably a good idea, 2 balls better than one ( yes, bordering on fart joke territory)

I bought my bolt on cat 3 hitch for my sorrento from that e trailer bunch...good business.

I moved my sister once apon a time and was amazed how much stuff you can carefully pack into one of those uhauls .

Ps, its awful nice of you to offer to take your wife to AZ also :lmao:

Emerikol
07-23-2017, 11:14 PM
I had a friend over today to help with some of the heavy lifting and I told him to keep his eyes open as we walked through the house. Anything he saw that he wanted was pretty much up for grabs, except for the motorcycles, the missus, maybe the new baby, and possibly the animals. Yes, I said it exactly in that order... :lmao: :lmao:

BlackBike
07-24-2017, 06:31 PM
I had a friend over today to help with some of the heavy lifting and I told him to keep his eyes open as we walked through the house. Anything he saw that he wanted was pretty much up for grabs, except for the motorcycles, the missus, maybe the new baby, and possibly the animals. Yes, I said it exactly in that order... :lmao: :lmao:

Just turn the cats loose, they'll be fine

Emerikol
07-26-2017, 05:20 AM
The cats aren't the problem. They're easy to move. It's the Husky and Lab that are going to be problematic. I don't want to fly them out because of all the bad press the airlines have been getting lately, but I also don't want to be trapped in a moving truck with them for four days while I pillage and plunder my way across the country. It's going to be miserable any way I slice it, I think.

old kid
07-26-2017, 10:49 AM
http://www.flypets.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiafIzpan1QIVh5N-Ch2oRAiYEAAYAyAAEgLU_vD_BwE

We have used these guys twice for vacations, both times our dog was well taken care of and waiting for us when we went to pick her up. it does take a week or so to get everything coordinated with them.

Emerikol
07-26-2017, 08:14 PM
Thanks Old Kid. I'll look into them. What type of dogs have you shipped with these guys? My Husky can be a handful, and I'm really worried about him panicking when he's in transit. Not that 4 days in a moving truck would be much better for him, but I'm really trying to figure out what would be the least stressful for everyone.

old kid
07-26-2017, 09:25 PM
we take our little half pint yorkie with us when we go on vacation, our labs stay with my daughter when we go.

believe it or not that little five pound dust mop is a handfull.

Emerikol
08-18-2017, 05:25 AM
And so the adventure begins -
We have just signed the paperwork on our place in Phoenix. We wound up more in the city of Phoenix, not Casa Grande as we had hoped. The Missus was starting to get a little nervous that we didn't have a place, so we just wound up finding a place to rent the first year. We'll get out there and get our feet wet, that way we can get a better bead on where exactly we want to live.
I still have some Hawk parts available, if anyone is interested. The clock has started and Nugget will be here any day now. We're planning the first trip with most of our household goods and some of the motorcycles for the last week in September, and then the final move the second week of October. The camper will be going out with us that second week. Anyone feel like helping to drive across the country, twice? :ohno: I'm really looking forward to being out there, but this whole move thing is starting to wear.
As for the Hawk and other motorcycle parts, I would like to get them sent out sooner rather than later, so if you're interested, please send me out a PM and we can get those wheels turning. I also have a GSXR exhaust and mid-pipe kit for a DR 650, and a couple of other odds and ends from the bikes. It would probably be easier for me to send out a picture of everything I have.

BlackBike
08-18-2017, 07:45 PM
O.m.g. Where's that baby !!!

Emerikol
08-19-2017, 01:50 AM
My wife is thinking exactly the same thing! She is soooo over being pregnant. Nugget's due date is Sept 2nd, but all indications are that it should be any day now. The wheels are grinding forward, and getting the baby here and the missus back up to scratch are pretty big pieces of the puzzle before we make the jump out to AZ.

BlackBike
08-19-2017, 01:06 PM
Your wife is not the only one expecting
We all have been too.

Emerikol
08-20-2017, 07:53 AM
As soon as we have a Nugget, you guys will have pictures! :tup:

Emerikol
09-09-2017, 10:01 PM
We have a Nugget! Also, this is the onesie he was wearing to his first pediatrician checkup. Needless to say, he was a hit!

http://chinariders.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=10701&stc=1&d=1505008849

http://chinariders.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=10701&stc=1&d=1505008849

Emerikol
09-09-2017, 10:03 PM
Crossing things off the Arizona Move List! I built a travel stand/rack for the bikes. The Ural will support itself, but for the other bikes, this is how they'll get loaded into the Uhaul.

http://chinariders.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=10703&stc=1&d=1505008979

http://chinariders.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=10704&stc=1&d=1505008979

http://chinariders.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=10705&stc=1&d=1505008979

Emerikol
10-29-2017, 09:32 AM
WE MADE IT!! Well, at least most of us made it. The missus and Nugget have been in Phoenix since the beginning of the month. They've been busy getting the lay of the land and such. Nugget has grown like a little weed (9 weeks old today!). I made it into town with the second Uhaul load and the camper on Thursday, and mostly everything is either unpacked, or on a shelf for storage. I still have some work to do to get all the motorcycles sleeping in the garage. Right now the DR and the TU sleep in the back yard, and the Ural has to sleep in the driveway. The Hawk will be here in about a week and a half. There wasn't room on the Uhaul for it, so a friend offered to hang it on the carrier behind his suburban and drive it out to me. Now that we're out here and things are starting to calm down a bit, I'll be able to start posting some more. Have a great day, everyone!

JerryHawk250
10-29-2017, 06:04 PM
Glad you guys made it there. BTW, that's one cute little nugget. :tup:

kirbo7106
10-29-2017, 09:16 PM
Ga to Arizona! Now that’s a road trip! Glad you made it! Now we are going to want some pictures!

BlackBike
10-29-2017, 10:51 PM
Sounds like things are moving right along...ya see what I did there, hehahee:lmao:

That was some cool friend to ferry out the hawk for you !

Emerikol
10-30-2017, 01:49 AM
Wah, Wah, Waaaaahhhh... :lmao: He is a cool friend. It's actually his second trip. The first trip he took the two awful dogs and the awful cat out for us. I paid for his gas and hotel rooms along the way, and he does the driving. He took our Suburban for the first trip with the animals, and it wound up that he liked it so much he bought it. We cut him a hell of a deal on it, and so now he's happy he's got a good, reliable set of wheels, and we're happy we didn't have to try to sell it with everything else we had going on. This trip, I told him I'd pick up the hotel rooms, and pay him whatever it would have cost me to get it shipped. He really likes it out here, so it's a win-win. My cost isn't any different to get the Hawk out here, and he gets to spend a few days doing an epic cross-country drive, and hanging out. He and I both have DR650's that we get into trouble with, so once the Hawk gets here, we're going to spend an afternoon being biker hoodlums and scoping out the Arizona riding trails. Anybody interested in coming along for the adventure?

Emerikol
10-30-2017, 01:52 AM
Ga to Arizona! Now that’s a road trip! Glad you made it! Now we are going to want some pictures!

I'll be getting them this week. We've moved into an area that has awesome scenery, and I've been wanting to get all the bikes out with the mountains behind them. I'll post them as soon as I have some time. Two of the bikes are sleeping out in the back yard (it's fenced in, so no worries there), and the Ural has to sleep in the driveway. I want to finish getting the garage unpacked and organized so I can bring all the bikes inside. I'm not necessarily worried about the Ural sprouting legs and coming up missing, but I don't want to tempt fate, either...

culcune
10-31-2017, 02:21 PM
As your neighbor to the southeast (Yuma) I have to admit I have not been following your move other than from when you mentioned it a few months ago. Good to see you made it out this way with little drama. Ironically, I have feelers out to get out of AZ; I want to move back to the L.A. area where my family and several friends still live. I have no solid ties to Yuma or anywhere else in AZ. The pay is stale in my field (education) but is much higher in California, and enough to offset the cost of living differences. If I don't move (or at least not yet), perhaps we can meet up this winter or early spring while the weather is quite nice. :tup:

Emerikol
10-31-2017, 04:59 PM
Let's do it! I've had the Ural out a couple of times already, and the Hawk will be here in a few weeks. The DR is great on these roads, too. I didn't know that if I wanted to ride the trails, I would need to get an OHV (Off Highway Vehicle) decal for the bikes. That's another $110 for three stickers (Ural, DR and Hawk). I'm going to do some research and see what having the sticker actually does for me.

culcune
10-31-2017, 07:12 PM
I'm going to do some research and see what having the sticker actually does for me.

I am not sure if you need a sticker if they are road registered, but I have never looked into it, either. The idea of off-road stickers is relatively new in AZ, but in one of Musictrek's Hawk videos (I believe it was his latest one) he mentioned rangers stopping vehicles on the trail he was on which I assume was to check for stickers on the OHV and quads. Actually, he would be a good source of information for AZ since he actively rides his Hawk on trails here.

Emerikol
10-31-2017, 09:57 PM
When I asked about it at the DMV office, they said that even if you have plates and registration, you need to have an OHV sticker if you want to ride the trails. I'll do some more digging and see what I can scare up.

culcune
11-01-2017, 01:45 AM
That is the situation, nowadays, with stickers. A few relatively short years ago, one could buy a quad or dirt bike on the internet, slap it together, and ride out in the desert. They introduced the sticker program and the rest is history. I was under the impression that if one had a street plate, not sticker was needed, but not having an enduro bike for a few years now, I hadn't looked into the situation. I do know that on some federal lands, including BLM (the REAL federal organization, not the 'Hands up/Don't shoot group) land around here in Yuma, one needs to have full street plating and insurance. Not sure how much federal land you had around you in Georgia, but keep that in mind if you end up with off-road only toys now that you are in AZ. I am not sure if you need an off-road flag in AZ, but since we are so close to the Imperial Sand Dunes and all the other dunes, many vehicles are seen here in town towing buggies and quads with those orange visibility off-road flags.

Emerikol
11-01-2017, 10:17 AM
Did they say what the money from the sticker program goes towards? If it goes to keeping up the trails and such, I'm not necessarily adverse to spending a few dollars. If it just goes into the political ether, that's a different story.

culcune
11-02-2017, 01:13 AM
Arizona is pretty good about not taxing something, and then throwing the money into the general fund. I know some of the PR for the sticker program insinuates it goes to upkeep; Arizonans take offroading fairly seriously, and there would be hell to pay if they tried to do a 'California' and divert tax revenues from designated items to the general fund.

Emerikol
11-04-2017, 12:31 PM
That's comforting. I'm going to get some info on the stickers today. The lady at the 3rd Party DMV office said they're good for a year, but didn't say if it runs for a calendar year or for a 12 month-from-purchase year. I'd hate to spend the money to buy a sticker now, and wind up getting 7 weeks of use out of it, know what I mean?

vomitis
11-06-2017, 08:21 PM
Maybe a little late, but any chance you would still have the Ural tractor seat?