PDA

View Full Version : another NC Newbie

handyhands
12-13-2007, 06:25 AM
I am contemplating joining the ranks of ChinaRiders across america. I live in Ayden NC if anyone is in my area. I would love to hear from guys who have China bikes that have been running a while, which makes are best and where to find them. I heard there are over 100 manufacturers of China bikes and I dont know where to start. I am looking for a 250cc or maybe even a 200cc dual sport. I think I may be leaning toward an Apollo Orion AGB-31. But with what little research I have done, I cant really make an informed decision. Would also love to hear from anyone who really enjoys their bike, how strong it runs what make they own, where they purchased it.. Any suggestions everyone has will be greatly appreciated. Im looking to purchase sometime around end of January or early february. You can either respond here or sene ma a message. Thanks.

ejcycles
12-13-2007, 09:32 AM
Hi handyhands

Welcome to ChinaRiders!!!
There is plenty of dealer & on-line seller information here, if you can't find something do an on-line BBB search on the company.

katoranger
12-13-2007, 06:36 PM
Welcome. I am in the north Atlanta area and have been riding my Lifan daily since May. No major problems. It is only a 200cc, but larger models are suppose to be in the works.

Allen

handyhands
12-13-2007, 06:50 PM
I did know a guy who had a lifan, he seemed to like it.. he said it was geared more for the street than the trail but was still pretty good. Did you have any problems registering it with the DMV for highway use?

katoranger
12-13-2007, 07:02 PM
Recommend buying one from a real dealer who is license to avoid registration problems. It took 4 months to get a title on mine.

I geared mine for my street use since it came gear for dirt and hills. The new GY5 model comes ready for my street, but still ok in the dirt.

All that is needed to change is swapping the sprockets with cost about $20-30.

Allen

handyhands
12-16-2007, 11:21 AM
so really, if one was to keep a spare tire and rim one with a taller gear and a dirt tire.. the other with a shorter gear and a street tire... you could actually quickly change if you wanted the best for ride for what you are doing that day. and are lifans easy to register in NC or do you know. I cannot find anything on the NCDMV website.

handyhands
12-16-2007, 11:23 AM
would love to know if anything knows anything about this bike. It is a very good looking bike. wondering what quality range it is in and if anyone has registered one of these yet

katoranger
12-16-2007, 11:57 AM
The best way to find out would be to go to your local tag office and ask what the procedure is for registering a new vehicle with an MSO and what all paperwork is needed?

Make sure the MSO is filled out like the state wants it.

Allen

piratejason
12-31-2007, 07:49 PM
I just purchased two AZR 70s - aka AGB 21A for my twins. Great bikes for the money. I purchased directly from Apollomotors and am set up as a dealer in their system.

Let me know if I can help you. From what I have learned the Orions are not the best or the worst but seem to be solidily built and a good value.

Thanks and Happy New Year,
Piratejason

katoranger
01-01-2008, 02:53 PM
PirateJason where are you located? If you want to be a dealer let us know some more about you. Some people like to buy from local place of business instead of internet sales.

Allen

liverchip
01-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Welcome!