PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Registration HOW-TO

Kaustek
07-24-2017, 09:29 PM
I just finished registering a new Hawk 250 so I wanted to go over the process in AZ since it's a bit odd.

First, they require the following:
Bill of Sale stating amount paid
MCO (Does NOT need to be notarized)

You will be required to pay State sales tax on the amount stated on the Bill of Sale.

Once all that is in hand, you want to request to register an off highway vehicle

Optionally, you can opt to sign an affidavit for freeway use which will make the bike "street legal", you will also be required to carry 15/30 liability insurance.

You will pay $25 for the OHV sticker, and $25 for the registration plus Sales Tax and Title.

For me all said and done was $135.

It's that simple

culcune
07-24-2017, 11:27 PM
Sounds a little different than the three mail-order Chinese bikes I registered over the years in AZ; for two bikes, I just needed the MCO and the bill of sale--no visual inspection required. For my last bike, I needed to have a visual inspection, which seemed to be par for the course. Same with my friend's scooter which was ordered at the same time I ordered my last bike in 2015. Then again, I did not inquire about off-roading any of my bikes, but figured that it would have been okay to do so since I paid for full-street registration.

BlackBike
07-25-2017, 12:24 AM
Sounds a little different than the three mail-order Chinese bikes I registered over the years in AZ; for two bikes, I just needed the MCO and the bill of sale--no visual inspection required. For my last bike, I needed to have a visual inspection, which seemed to be par for the course. Same with my friend's scooter which was ordered at the same time I ordered my last bike in 2015. Then again, I did not inquire about off-roading any of my bikes, but figured that it would have been okay to do so since I paid for full-street registration.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/a4403d908ace0fce3609b0351c2ccd50/tumblr_n3zixr0lZI1t0n95eo1_500.gif