PDA

View Full Version : Benelli TnT

pistolclass
08-07-2017, 09:06 PM
Looks like china bikes will be more mainstream.

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/benelli/manufacturerbenelli2016-benelli-tnt-300-review-html.html

Biker_Andy
08-07-2017, 09:32 PM
Interesting little bike with impressive looks

BlackBike
08-08-2017, 01:05 AM
Nice find pistol
Honda CBR300
http://hondacbr300.com/honda cbr300 left.jpg

Or twin benelli...i like its looks over the crotch rocket style Honda
http://ic.maxabout.us//misc/infographics//beneli-tnt-300-updated.jpg/thumb/1100

BlackBike
08-08-2017, 09:48 AM
http://af1racingaustin.com/benelli/benelli-inventory/2017-benelli-tnt300-8ebj6

2017 Benelli TNT 300 (Black)

3,499.00 3,999.00
2017 Benelli TNT 300 (Black)

ON SALE NOW

$500 OFF PRICE OUT THE DOOR IS $4327 including all taxes

Sullybiker
08-10-2017, 08:56 PM
They're apparently pretty nice bikes. Seen a few YouTube reviews on the 300 already.

Curious at the 0-100km/h time, it seems a bit honest; the Ninja 300 has slightly less power but clocks a quicker time, if I recall. I wonder why a bike of similar weight and power (a couple more horses) is a little slower; geared longer, perhaps.

It has pretty big tyres for its size.

ChopperCharles
10-08-2019, 01:41 PM
I took a test ride and really loved it. The sound it makes is awesome, and it's a full-sized motorcycle with a top speed around 100mph. It easily cruises at 80 and still has plenty of beans for passing.

Charles.

bogieboy
10-08-2019, 02:59 PM
i dont get how they get 38 hp out of the little inline twin 300, but we can only get about 15 out of a 200-250cc single.... wheres the massive power loss? is there taht much room for improvement on the small cg and cb???

JerryHawk250
10-08-2019, 03:09 PM
i dont get how they get 38 hp out of the little inline twin 300, but we can only get about 15 out of a 200-250cc single.... wheres the massive power loss? is there taht much room for improvement on the small cg and cb???
Liquid cooled, higher compression, OHC,4 valves per cylinder, Red lines @ about 12,000 rpm.

ChopperCharles
10-08-2019, 04:54 PM
CG and CB motors will never make that kind of power. 2-valve pushrod motor is a completely different class. Even the Virago V-twin motor only pushes out 19hp out of a 250cc twin. It's a 2-valve-per-cylinder single overhead cam aircooled motor.

Going 4-valve heads is a way to get more power.
Tighter tolerances and higher compression is a way to get more power. But this generally requires water cooling. Spinning the motor faster is a way to get more power. But pushrods can't go that fast, so overhead cams are required. Timing the exhaust and intake valves more precisely is a way to get more power. And that means independent intake and exhaust cams.

All of this adds up to make a far more complex motor than the CG mill. But also a far more powerful motor. And modern machining and metallurgy allows it to still be completely reliable.

Charles.

bogieboy
10-09-2019, 08:08 AM
CG and CB motors will never make that kind of power. 2-valve pushrod motor is a completely different class. Even the Virago V-twin motor only pushes out 19hp out of a 250cc twin. It's a 2-valve-per-cylinder single overhead cam aircooled motor.

Going 4-valve heads is a way to get more power.
Tighter tolerances and higher compression is a way to get more power. But this generally requires water cooling. Spinning the motor faster is a way to get more power. But pushrods can't go that fast, so overhead cams are required. Timing the exhaust and intake valves more precisely is a way to get more power. And that means independent intake and exhaust cams.

All of this adds up to make a far more complex motor than the CG mill. But also a far more powerful motor. And modern machining and metallurgy allows it to still be completely reliable.

Charles.

pushrods can go that fast with the proper valve springs and cam profile...LOL my little 110cc pocket bike that got me started down the chinese path got some serious upgrades, and could do 67 mph GPS confirmed on flat ground, mikuni vm26, and a high lift cam, would pull hard all the way to 12,000 rpm...air cooled, 2v head... however that was OHC... but still impressive for a 110, considering my 200cc roketa pushrod motor can only achieve 62-65 on flat ground...

that thing was a wicked little bike...LOL not the most reliable though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0TU9qiSyII

ChopperCharles
10-09-2019, 11:45 PM
Yes, sure, you can build a pushrod motor that can go faster. You build out the other areas to their maximum, and take the hit on RPM. But all things being equal, if you went OHC of some sort you'd be able to spin that same motor faster and make more power.

Pushrods just have too much mass to allow the engine to spin fast. Unless you can make them really, really short, you're looking at 7000-8000 rpm, max. The TNT300 redlines at 13,000 rpm.

Charles.

bogieboy
10-10-2019, 07:58 AM
Yes, sure, you can build a pushrod motor that can go faster. You build out the other areas to their maximum, and take the hit on RPM. But all things being equal, if you went OHC of some sort you'd be able to spin that same motor faster and make more power.

Pushrods just have too much mass to allow the engine to spin fast. Unless you can make them really, really short, you're looking at 7000-8000 rpm, max. The TNT300 redlines at 13,000 rpm.

Charles.

nascar runs pushrod motors to 10,000rpm :hehe: and makes 850hp out of 358 cubic inches...

using that power to displacement number, a cg200 should theoretically be able to make 28hp, and a 250 theoretically could make 35...

wouldnt that be nice..LOL anyone got any ties to nascar engine builders? see what they could come up with for a china bike...LOL :hehe:

1cylinderwonder
10-10-2019, 11:04 AM
nascar runs pushrod motors to 10,000rpm :hehe: and makes 850hp out of 358 cubic inches...

using that power to displacement number, a cg200 should theoretically be able to make 28hp, and a 250 theoretically could make 35...

You’ll also be lucky if your cg200 and cg250 can run farther than 500 miles, like most of the NASCAR vehicles are lucky to do! :hehe: with their high horsepower and low reliability!:hmm:

bogieboy
10-10-2019, 11:25 AM
You’ll also be lucky if your cg200 and cg250 can run farther than 500 miles, like most of the NASCAR vehicles are lucky to do! :hehe: with their high horsepower and low reliability!:hmm:

would be a fun 500 mi though:hehe: my friggin bike hasnt left my yard in 2 years.... >:(

ChopperCharles
10-10-2019, 04:46 PM

wouldnt that be nice..LOL anyone got any ties to nascar engine builders? see what they could come up with for a china bike...LOL :hehe:

Yes, it's possible. NASCAR did this by moving the camshaft as high in the motor as it can go, making the pushrod lengths very short. With less mass to move, the engine can spin faster. Using exotic, expensive, ultra-light materials also helps with this. With deep pockets you can do much. But the only reason NASCAR does this is because the rules say you have to use pushrod engines. If they continued to pour money into motor design without the pushrod restriction, I guarantee they'd all be running dual overhead cams. You can just make more power that way.

Charles

NzBrakelathes
10-11-2019, 01:13 AM
The Benelli 600 is very popular in China
Anything bigger cc 400-650 sells decent last few years

Lannonan
12-20-2019, 07:23 PM
Looks like china bikes will be more mainstream.

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/benelli/manufacturerbenelli2016-benelli-tnt-300-review-html.html

I have this bike. Just finished the first oil change. It's a fun bike. My understanding is that the bike is quite a bit heavier than the Ninja, that could have to do with the lower 0-100kmh. This bike is A TON of fun. I had never had a sport bike before so this thing blows my mind.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask me.

ChopperCharles
05-19-2020, 05:19 PM
Did anyone else notice that when SSR quietly rolled out the 302S in the USA, that it got an 18cc boost and an additional 5 horsepower? It's 300cc now instead of 282cc. The 302S also has more ground clearance, longer suspension travel, and a 160 rear tire instead of the 140 that the TNT300 has, all while gaining only 4 pounds over the TNT300. Also a LED projector headlight and some mild styling changes, along with a lower seat to maintain the 31.5" seat height.

I was thinking about finding a leftover 2017 TNT300... but the extra power and tire selection has me maybe thinking about the 302S instead.

Charles.

culcune
05-20-2020, 10:44 PM
I had seen that bike added to the Benelli lineup, but did not check out the specs. I just assumed it had a more hardcore suspension, but was the same bike underneath. For selfish reasons, would love you to get any of the Benelli bikes; I already enjoy reading about your Buccaneer, so would definitely enjoy looking forward to your Benelli bike posts.

ChopperCharles
05-21-2020, 10:44 AM
Reading up on it more, it also got redesigned coil packs, a heat shield between the motor and coil packs (coils were having heat-releated failures apparently), a redesigned water pump with a bearing (somehow the TNT version doesn't have a bearing) which is supposed to drastically increase the life of the pump, different air intake configuration, lower gearing (different rear sprocket) and ECU changes that bump up the rev limiter and provide more power.

Charles.

ChopperCharles
05-21-2020, 11:21 AM
I really want one... but there are two other bikes on my radar, the CSC RX4 and the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650. I'll have the cash to buy one of these outright in the summer...

Charles.