PDA

View Full Version : Pull start????

jhmotorsports
12-21-2007, 01:13 PM
Hello,

I am looking to see if anyone knows if there is a way to put a back-up pull or kick start on these 70/90/110cc atv engines? Most of them are Roketa and Loncin engines. Let me know if anyone know of an idea or a kit to buy. thanks.

liverchip
12-21-2007, 02:16 PM
I actually replaced a stock Kazuma 110 atv motor with electric start with a Lifan 125 pit bike motor with a kick start for exactly that reason.

As for converting an existing motor. If the case inards a re the same as well as the right side case mounting bolts, it might be possible to make the changes.

ChiGongJitsu
12-22-2007, 01:18 AM
Is your kick/pull start broken? You might be able to bump start it if it's got a manual clutch.

Put it in second gear, pull in the clutch, have someone push you, then dump the clutch, and it'll start. Just make sure to pull the clutch back in or you might stall out right after it starts.

I believe this would probably be safe to do even if your kick/pull start is broken.

ejcycles
12-22-2007, 03:29 AM
There isn't.
With the way the Newer Stator assemblies are made, an older Pull Start will not adapt to them.
The engines without a kickstart already in them may not have the cases cut out to install one. Even if they are cut out to accept one, the entire engine needs to be split apart to install all of the parts for the kickstart. Honda Engines & every engine made like the Honda engines have an internal kickstart mechanism. Then it would also take time to figure out what engine manufacturers parts will fit correctly. The 50/70/90 ATVs are single geared automatics {a lot of them} and they also need certain transmission gears in them to make the kickstart operate. The 110 ATVs with reverse, the kickstart may not work at all.