PDA

View Full Version : Who Makes My Engine?

spidernad
12-24-2007, 02:13 AM
Hi, I just bought an almost new 125cc Pit bike. Its like a crf50 or 70. I dont know the eng. manufacturer and would like to in case I need parts or info, specs, etc. After looking around the internet it seems to look exactly like some zongshen engines but the name is left off the side covers? On the lower side of the eng. there are numbers etched on that read 156FMI 06030132 . The first group comes up on an internet as a Lifan vertical eng. Not what I have. Mine is a horizonal. The only other markings I see is on the cylinder: 124ml and XY The eng. has a 4 spd. trans and a clutch on the secondary shaft not on the crank. (It wont kick start when the clutch is pulled in). Any body know how to tell what I have? Thanks.

liverchip
12-28-2007, 01:19 PM
Post a photo of the motor for more info, but it sounds like a typical lifan or zongshen horizontal pit bike motor. I recently completed an engine swap with one of my quads replacing the stock 110cc motor with a 125cc pitbike motor. The motor is a one down 3 up tranny and the bike will only start in neutral, even if the clutch is pulled in.