PDA

View Full Version : joined the Chinese ATV family

panterra_rider
12-26-2007, 12:34 PM
In-laws bought a Kazuma 110cc Lacoste for the kids. Looks decent actually. Reasonable price too - brought in and assembled locally. Wife can even bomb around on it so that's cool.

I also picked myself up a second-hand red 200cc Gio. Beast (raptor-style).

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NW-200CC-GIO-BEAST-4-STROKE-ATV-QUAD-Wheeler-Snow-WHITE_W0QQitemZ140192763278QQihZ004QQcategoryZ6726 QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Price was right but I'd put it on the lower-end of design and durability from the Chinese manufacterers. New chain was put on and the "tension" setting was really goofy...not just the snail adjusters like on a dirtbike which is kinda dumb not to use. Still, easily does donuts on an icy road so fun will be had. There's a decent separate forum (Giovanni machines) for these things so I'll be heading over there...looking at *heavily* modifying it.

Only issue for me with both machines is that I didn't assemble them myself. :roll: I think the Lacoste was "professionally" assembled and set up but that could mean squat. Plan is to limp through the winter then tear down both and lock-tite, set carbs, etc. when the weather permits.

Good intro. to 4-wheeling for the kids and it's back into the fold for me.

Holiday Cheers,
R.

Jim
12-31-2007, 12:59 PM
Hey what do you think of the gio, I was just looking at one on ebay, the only reason I didn't order it is because of the 300 dollar shipping fee, even though I'm only 30km's or something away... I think I may keep an eye out for a good atv deal though...

panterra_rider
01-01-2008, 08:16 PM
The Gio. is nothing spectacular but it's a hoot driving on icy roads and such. I think it was broken in well so I expect the motor to last. Otherwise, as I said before, it's on the low end of Chinese quality but I should be able to keep it alive for a few seasons.

I didn't buy mine brand new but I think it's still a decent machine for the $$$ from the place in B.C. Yeah, the shipping $$$ would be hard to take if you're close by tho 8O .

For more info.:
http://www.giovanniforum.com/

Cheers,
R.

Jim
01-02-2008, 11:19 AM