PDA

View Full Version : Apollo AZX 250 pro Oil Strainer screen

polo44
12-26-2007, 02:44 PM
Can anyone tall me where to locate the Oil Strainer screen on the apollo azx 250 pro? Also what is the best way to clean it? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

ejcycles
12-26-2007, 05:23 PM
It should be located directly in front of your shifter, on the engine block. There should be a cap with a 15/16 hex nut on it, the cap, then spring & screen should be under it. Just remove carefully to see the correct re-install. clean it in parts cleaner ans then brake cleaner.

polo44
12-26-2007, 08:20 PM
Bruce,
thanks for the response. I need some clarification though. When you say in front of the shifter, I am not finding anything there. The only thing I see is a chrome cover with 4 phillips head screws. This does not sound like what you are describing. Is there any where else I may check, or what exactly does this cap look like? Any additional help is appreciated. mThanks again for the help!

ejcycles
12-27-2007, 04:54 AM
Hi polo44

They may have changed the cover for the filter on that engine... I'm not positive. If you want send me some pics of the right & left sides of your engine to the e~mail address in my signature and I'll know for sure. It will also depend on who's engine you have in the bike... Honda, Hyosung/Suzuki or Yamaha off shoot.

liverchip
12-27-2007, 02:03 PM
A picture's worth a thousand words!

polo44
12-29-2007, 08:51 PM
Hey bruce,
Thanks for the info. Upon further inspection i found it! On my bike it is down on the left side in front of the shifter and behind it. I was 15/16 hex bolt. Sorry for delay in response had to go out of town for a few days! thanks again. I do have one other question. How much valve chatter should i expect from these bikes as they break in. Both of mine have less than 7 hours of run time, yet one is significantly louder than the other. Any thoughts or info would be apprecaited. Have an awesome weekend!