PDA

View Full Version : Sunl Typhoon 115

Josephny
12-30-2007, 12:17 AM
Anyone have any experience with the Sunl Typhoon 115?

Considering buying 2 of them for my 6 year old twins.

Specs look nice, price is acceptable.

My concern is that it will be too big for them and too hard to steer (wider wheel base than others in the 110cc class).

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

panterra_rider
01-01-2008, 08:22 PM
I'm thinking that it might be a too big a machine. My daughter is 8 and has a wee bit of trouble with our 110. It's not so much the size as the ability to control it. A 70cc or so would keep 'em interested, but safe. Just an opinion.

Cheers,
R.

BIGHIRT
02-14-2008, 01:58 PM
Hello,
Just wanted to give you a heads up that the SUNL products have alot of problems.Please do your homework before you buy. I hve worked on alot of SUNL products at my shop. Good luck

katoranger
02-14-2008, 02:29 PM
Sunl has been difficult to get parts for. There are alot of ATVs out there.

Allen

culcune
02-14-2008, 02:36 PM
Hello,
Just wanted to give you a heads up that the SUNL products have alot of problems.Please do your homework before you buy. I hve worked on alot of SUNL products at my shop. Good luck

We have discussed SunL over the last two years. For some reason, SunL did not seem to have their products OEM'd by the same Chinese company that several other brands had OEM for them. As a result, the quality of their products seems to be a little lower (lower tolerances in workmanship--sounds like an oxymoron as far as Chinese bikes go) than other Chinese brands, and their parts are not interchangeable, even though they look identical to a few other brands. While other brands' parts (i.e. Jetmoto and Roketa) will interchange, SunL will not interchange with others, and they do not (at least, did not) ever return calls to their headquarters in Texas to find those parts. They left quite a few unhappy customers, which, while not too difficult as far as Chinese companies go, is a pretty low point considering the other brands can supply replacement parts for their bikes.

Apparently, SunL is "trying harder" to please customers, so not sure if these bikes are part of their bold new plan to try to please customers or not. IMO, I would look at other alternatives, such as Hi-bird or Shineray if some of the other Chinese brands seem too high priced. Again, just something to consider.

pedez2000
02-18-2008, 07:44 PM
those are to big for a 6 year old kid the 110cc hanma style are nice and priced good.

i sell a lot of sunl and i strip bike for parts at times we do sell parts below look.