PDA

View Full Version : What makes a bike street legal?

Keko
10-13-2017, 02:33 PM
Hello,. This is keko from el paso, Texas.
I recently bought an off road-looking motorcycle abut Im not sure if it is STREET LEGAL.
Does anyone know what is needed by a street legal off road bike?
Thank you!!!

Huck369
10-13-2017, 02:39 PM
Each state it different, but generally that need to have :
Hi/Low Headlight beam
Tail light and Brake Light
Horn
Turnsignals (hand signals can sometimes be used)
At least a left side mirror.

If the title says"Off Road Only" on it, most states won't license it for the road (but a few will)

From the looks of the pic, I think you'll be OK in Texas

jsumd
10-13-2017, 08:28 PM
As the previous person said, it varies from state to state. Look it up on your DMV website and see what is required for you. You may have trouble even getting it registered as a road legal machine depending on what paperwork you have and how much of a pain your dmv is (mine is notoriously hard to work with on anything).

culcune
10-17-2017, 10:49 PM
That is a TMEC 200. They are 49 state certified as street legal by the federal government (EPA/DOT). As far as what your state needs to be street legal, you can usually find that out by the state agency such as DMV or whatever your state calls it. But, the TMEC 200 is street legal in 49 of 50 states (is California part of the US? LOL). If equipment is missing, then you should go to your state's website and see what minimum of legal equipment you need. If it has everything, your TMEC is good to go! :tup: