PDA

View Full Version : $3 fender delete Boom/Vader

J-May
12-01-2017, 04:53 PM
Are you sick of the diving board of a rear fender and luggage rack that can barely hold your helmet. Well I got a solution for you. That costs only 3 dollars and little bit of time. Find yourself a "6x6 post connector" that's what Menards calls it and drill 2 holes in it to mount to the rear most bolt holes that hold the luggage rack in place. Then drill 2 holes, 1 on each flap for the turn signals. The license plate light is mounted just under the brake light there were 2 small holes that I oblonged out slightly to mount the light housing. Some people may not right at night so you can ignore that part I drilled a hole in the top middle of my plate and the bracket to mount the plate and bolted it all together, the results are a decent looking. I left it unpainted so it is easier to see what it looks like. I plan to take it off and paint it Black in but it makes the bike appear much more sporty.
This idea was borrowed from a guy on YouTube here's the link https://youtu.be/5DPDA-scd1U to show the process he used. I did the same and modified it for the Boom/Vader

J-May
12-01-2017, 04:55 PM
More pictures and this is 100% reverseable and can be put back to original since the stock parts have not been hacked up at all.