PDA

View Full Version : Tough to start my little chinese when cold

Gasoline
01-06-2008, 06:03 AM
It has automatic choke and it has been working fine til it hits below 0 celcius, then I have to go to full gas, back to zero and full gas again etc about 20 times to get it to start. Mostly I have to do that a couple of times since it stops .

Anyone knows if it's adjustable in some way?

The scooter is a copy of a copy I guess.. looks like Baotian classic but is named Lingben and the model is LB50QT-16.

tortoise
01-06-2008, 07:51 PM

ACD
01-07-2008, 01:09 AM
Another trick is if the airbox is readily accessible then stuff a rag in the inlet to temporarily increase the "Choke". Do to the design of some you may have to pull the aircleaner out to be effective. Take care not to let anything get sucked ito the intake.

Aaron

Gasoline
01-07-2008, 03:42 AM
Thanks for your advices amigos!

First of, I thought the carb had an acc-pump actually.. since it works like that but I've never checked so..

The alcohol in the tank will do!

Braking the airintake from the aircleaner is a can do as well. Will test what you both have written.

And yeah, the choke is working correctly though, it starts with full choke and after a couple of minutes it goes down to no-choke.

So I guess the choke isn't adjustable then? Nothing to change to make it work in my area, cold area?

tortoise
01-07-2008, 01:38 PM

Gasoline
01-07-2008, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the tip amigo!

Gasoline