PDA

View Full Version : Site Breaks ...

Jim
01-06-2008, 03:36 PM
Hey Frostbite, haven't seen you around here lately, but I wanted to say that the site appears to break if I update my profile information, everything goes blank, the forum page list no forums, until I log out.

Gasoline
01-06-2008, 04:43 PM
Well.. Maybe it's one of those situations where you can logon anonymously and you seems to get very anonymous:)

Ok, seriously. What browser are you using? Tried emptying the cache? And have the setting that every time you visit a page it should reload, not from cache? Just a few ideas.

Jim
01-06-2008, 05:22 PM
I'm using firefox, this happens every time I edit my profile, more specifically the signature. I can force reload it and it doesn't fix it. I can close the browser and reopen and it doesn't fix it. I am pretty sure it is a site issue

Gasoline
01-06-2008, 05:59 PM
Ok, was just wondering because I did update my signature and it worked fine, also using firefox. But it can be so many things, plugins etc and of course it can be a site/server-issue.

I'll leave it to the commander :)

Jim
01-06-2008, 06:22 PM
Yeah I'm not sure why it would do that...

I ctrl - f5'd it, which forces it to reload everything, not use any cached, I didn't erase my cookies though, not sure why I would need too...

Essentially after I submit the edit, it shows a box on the next page, the title is information, but the box is empty, and thats all I can see until I click log out....

but then I was still logged in after clicking it, but it was working.

frostbite
01-07-2008, 05:20 AM
This is the first report I've had about such an issue. When this occurs please submit a screen shot of the browser window and mail it to question@chinariders.net

Thanks,

Jim
01-08-2008, 08:32 PM
Ok Frostbite, I emailed the image to you :)