PDA

View Full Version : db-27...aftermarket parts?

coleary15
01-06-2008, 05:52 PM
i have a 2004 roketa db-27(rjd-200) and i was wondering what type of parts i could add to it for more speed, better sound...anything really...

thanx,
chris

kelly5150
01-06-2008, 07:33 PM
Well, the first thing is to remember what your working on , a Chinese bike . It is NOT a 2008 Kawasaki KX 250 and isn't built nearly as well . It is NOT equal to those Japenese bikes in being able to handle tremendous amounts of punishing upgrade abuses . The more rediculous amounts of power upgrades you make this little motor do, the quicker your going to kill it . That particular bike is what it is and no more than what it is.

That being said , you can certianly do moderate HP upgrades simply . One and the biggest is better airflow with a new type air filter system. The other is Re-jetting the carb , but I doubt the engine needs much more abuse than these carbs stock provide. You could adjust the slide as mention in the Tech info here on the Forum . You could go with a bigger carb though too if you want some more power .But your looking at modifying all your stuff, intake manifolds etc . Very good gas would be a good idea. I have run a tank of 104 octane in mine to check it out and it does significantly make some boost . At $14.00 a bottle it does cost a little I guess ? Althoug that will do 20 gallons of race fuel .
You could bore it out you know if you wanted to. But then we go back to treating your bike like it was meant to be , not like you want it to be. Motor work is certainly an option though if your that inclinde . Pistons and rings , even vlaves are to be had , you just have to go great lengths to match things for size with a micrometer is all and then find aftermarket parts to stick in this motor.
The other thing you can do is spend some big bucks on a nice muffler and custom fit it too the header . But then again most good mufflers are $250 to $400 dollars , so how much did your bike cost , $799 , so that is a major expence for little help there, but is an option. You could make a or have made a new exhaust system starting with a great header , but then again , cost .
If the carb is a Makuni you could certainly start there with your upgrades. Re-jett, better air system and really good gas. You will get some speed that way for sure without damaging your motor too bad. Alot of motor damage is caused by how you broke it in or how you abuse it when you ride, shift, revv it anyway .

If all that isn't enough then buy a bigger bike like the Apollo or the Viva Preditor 250cc bikes. They are ready with alot of speed to start with so you'll be happier just buying a more aggressive bike that was meant to be aggressive. I know that aint what you want to hear, but it is the truth .
That is why I just bought my DB-27A myself , is to have a bike that is great for cruising around on the track . The Preditor was made for my Ricky Carmichal impressionism go fast impressions , but the DB-27 like your is a great all around dirt bike. Not meant to be a racer , sorry my friend. Thing is with all these fuel upgrades, airfilter systems, re-jett, slide adjustments, the engine can ONLY HANDLE what the bore and stroke by manufacturer allowed this bike to swallow in the motor . There is little rrom for upgrades without destroying your life expectancy with these motors . YEs, you can punch out your motor to another 3 or 4 horse power with rings, valves, etc, but the rest of your bike is going to fall apart sooner than later . That includes all the added force to the gear-box, clutch, etc, etc.
A DB-27 is a DB-27 . Lovely bike as it is , with little upgrades it is a wonderful motorcycle and will last a long time if you ride nice.
Buy a New KTM if you want a moster because the DB-27 no matter what you do will never be that .
I guess I am old enough to not want to kill myself with speed anymore anyway . You can only go so fast on a DB-27 anyway without handling problems for sure . Grunting performance will never be achieved with this bike . Jus tbe reasonable about your upgrades and you'll be happy with moderate performance upgrades on that bike for sure.

Good luck, and I am not ragging on you at all, jsut sharing my two cents. The last time I checked freedom of speech was still the law, but when Hillary Clinton comes tot he White-House, you can kiss that goodbye and your guns of course, with the guns going first of course.

Cheers, Enjoy and please let us know how your upgrades went and how you did them please, okkedokkeeee ?

Cheers, Kelly out ! :D

coleary15
01-06-2008, 09:20 PM
thanx 4 your input...the least bit helps...but thats a lot of info u supplied me...im thinking about buying a 2008 drz-400sm...do u know a lot about that bike? the good (and the bad)

thanx,
chris

kelly5150
01-07-2008, 02:22 AM
All info is good, be it bad or not , just weed through what you want out of it and throw the rest to the curb like a bad cat.
Don't know anything about the make your thinking about getting , sorry .

Kelly out

coleary15
01-07-2008, 10:05 AM
its a 2008 suzuki drz-400sm...its the super motard edition...

oncedead
01-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Try changing the muffler bearings on the DB. Makes the exhaust flow better.

liverchip
01-07-2008, 02:37 PM
Try changing the muffler bearings on the DB. Makes the exhaust flow better.

Just received some from BikeBandit. Installing them later. :lol:

coleary15
01-07-2008, 06:19 PM
what size should i order or could you post the link?

rich_e
01-07-2008, 07:56 PM
And I just said in another thread that you guys were nice. For shame...

oncedead
01-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Sweet liverchip i got mine pressed in last week . Your going to love the sound. Im done now rich , ha.

katoranger
01-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Boys, we need to play nice. :lol:

You need to change to a lighter blinker fluid. jk

Actually the best mods that you can easily adapt are a pod filter and opening up the exhuast. Also changing to a 10w30 oil will net alittle more power.

The UNI filter offers better filtration. You can drill out your muffler and it will increase the noise and maybe the power. (search drill muffler)

If you do this you will likely need to increase the main jet size too.

Teamcheap has noted a good power increase with the above type mods.

Those are about all the engine power mods you are going to get right now without spending major money.

Red2003 posted about gains by switching to a 10w30 oil instead of a 15w40.

I tried it, but didn't really notice anything.

Allen

ejcycles
01-08-2008, 12:07 AM
Don't forget about the new Piston Return Springs... they are a major help!!! :wink:

ChiGongJitsu
01-08-2008, 02:32 AM
Lol while you're at it, you'll want to change your Kanuter valves

Lol, i couldn't resist

coleary15
01-08-2008, 10:00 AM
what are kanuter valves and piston return springs?

kelly5150
01-08-2008, 10:15 AM
Yo Bro, those Kanuter Valves and Piston Return Springs are about as helpfull as the Rubberband that actually drives the Squirrel cage inside the gearbox that the little live Squirrels live in in your bikes motor.
Get it now ?
No shortage of a-holes misleading fine young folks around here guys.
Goes back to the old saying if you aint got something nice or positive to say, shut up .
Freedom of speech though right ? Yup, I guess it is, so carry on boys.

Coleary15, just mark the posts of the fine young folks that made those remarks, alright. I guarentee you won't be fooled again !

Cheers, Kelly out !

katoranger
01-08-2008, 11:39 AM
coleary15, we are just giving you a hard time.

There is not muffler bearings, kanuter valves, blinker fluid, piston return springs, etc.

The airfilter and opening up the exhaust and a carb rejet are about all the performance mods these engines will probably be able to handle.

Allen

coleary15
01-08-2008, 03:51 PM
oh...wow and i believed you guys..ive only been into dirtbikes since i was 12(2 years) so im still finding things out....slowly...i bought a uni pod filter...thats all ive done...

katoranger
01-08-2008, 05:33 PM
Have you lowered the needle in the carb to the lowest point?

Also you will probably need to turn the fuel screw out some.

If you modify the exhaust at all you are going to need to install a larger main jet in the carb for more fuel. This will give you a noticable power increase.

Red is a good source here and Teamcheap has done similar mods. My bike still has the stock parts on it.

Allen

coleary15
01-08-2008, 07:22 PM
what kind of jets should i get 4 my bike....can i order jets 4 a chinese carb?

ejcycles
01-08-2008, 07:25 PM
Well Excuse me... We happen to like to have some fun once in a while too. Well Kelly what is your age? So your calling me an a__hole because we had some fun and you think he didn't know we where kidding/pulling his chain.
Plenty have pulled mine here and I just laugh along with them. One can't be that darn serious all the time there is fun to be had in life too. If Chris/coleary15 thinks we where being rude or misleading I Will be The First to Apologize and say I am Sorry.

coleary15
01-08-2008, 07:28 PM
no ur fine i just want sure...sum1 i was talking 2 last week at my local shop told me that i could buy exhaust bearings..haha wow that was a weird conversation...

ejcycles
01-08-2008, 07:31 PM
Hi Chris
I have Main Jets in stock that will fit your carburetor... If you want PM me your phone number and we can sit and I'll explain a lot of this to you.

coleary15
01-08-2008, 07:34 PM
sounds good...later ill call u cause im tied up right now...not literally...haha

kelly5150
01-08-2008, 08:04 PM
Oh EJ,
he didn't know you were kidding , and you are an a-hole. Any questions ?
Being an a-hole is not a bad thing, I know , I am one too. Just thought I would help the guy out. I have been messed with here too, when I was trying to post pics on the serious side of life, but you guys had to mess with me and it cost me hours of BS, so bloody well right, I thought I would at least let the guy in on the joke. I like to have fun too, but come on man .

I am 41 by the way , old, crotchetty and mean, so watch yourself , and I mean that. I have a great sence of humor and what you guys do is not humor, it is screwing with some poor guys head and that aint cool . I speak for me and I did not appreciate it. Enough said, rebuttles calmly are always welcome .

Cheers, Kelly

ChiGongJitsu
01-08-2008, 09:21 PM
I just wanted to see if the "kanuter valve" joke was more than just an ohio thing. Didn't mean to cause anybody any grief! Plus i made sure to put "lol, i couldn't resist".

I would never lie to someone and be serious about it!

I think everybody needs to be busted by a "kanuter valve" joke once in their lives lol j/k have a great day guys

ejcycles
01-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Hi Kelly

I must admit, well no questions and Thank you for The Promotion to: Admiral @__hole 9th Class! I'm working very hard to become 1st Class and I will be there very soon! :wink: and get better every day. I'm almost 46 and older than dirt, just as mean & crotchety as they come and full of @!$$ & vinegar. By the way I was not one that got on you about posting pics in the forum... heck, I wouldn't, I don't even have a clue how so I put them in my gallery and post the link to the pic in the gallery. A little fun is a little fun and it would have all come out in the wash. This young person would have known it in the end and been laughing along with the rest of us and had ammunition to use on others!
Have fun!, God Bless!, and Keep the Rubber Side Down!.

ambassador
01-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Kelly5150,
This is a family friendly site and would appreciate if you would refrain from threats or political views... If that's the way you are, that's fine, take it to TTalk... Thank you, Ambassador...

oncedead
01-08-2008, 10:22 PM
but did he repalce the Henway Yet?

kelly5150
01-09-2008, 03:50 AM
OOps, the E-Gastappo got me again . :cry: :cry:

Sorry guys, I get a little fiesty once in awhile, I will try better , and I apologize . Yes, the political stuff was not good for this Dirt Forum . The Hillary stuff either , my bad. A threat ? Huh ? Ok fine , that too I guess ?

Darn that was hard . I am man, I can change, if I have to , probably .

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Cheers, Kelly5150 Lunatic on the loose ! :twisted:

katoranger
01-09-2008, 08:51 AM
Chris, order your parts from Bruce. He will get you the right ones and has the expertise to help you tune it.

The jets for keihin carbs fit.

Allen