View Full Version : CSC EV Grom

Huck369
01-12-2018, 10:21 AM
anyone see this?

CSC maybe bringing in a Electric Grom Knockoff

https://www.youtube.com/embed/cqsDMIoevvE

tortoise
01-12-2018, 12:30 PM
Limited range/duration and utility (transporting groceries). Grom style novelty may wear off rapidly resulting in yet another "garage queen". Cost of replacement batteries, motor, and motor controller may be a significant factor . . and may all be "proprietary" (sole source).

BlackBike
01-12-2018, 08:10 PM
[QUOTE=Huck369;271848]anyone see this?

Was this anounced on j oe s blog?

MNrider
01-17-2018, 01:31 PM
If the price was right, it would make a great pit bike at Road America MotoAmerica races!!!

Azhule
01-17-2018, 02:14 PM
Limited range/duration and utility (transporting groceries). Grom style novelty may wear off rapidly resulting in yet another "garage queen". Cost of replacement batteries, motor, and motor controller may be a significant factor . . and may all be "proprietary" (sole source).

Buy one and slap a battery off a junk yard Hybrid... 200+ miles per charge easy :hehe:

Several people have made those 'hybrid car battery' conversions for their other Chinese Electric Scooters... shouldn't be that much different for a CSC 'Grom' ripoff :lmao:

Huck369
01-18-2018, 06:07 AM
[QUOTE=Huck369;271848]anyone see this?

Was this anounced on j oe s blog?

I saw it on Joe's Facebook page

culcune
01-18-2018, 08:17 PM

They have limited appeal to people in urban environments, but I do have to give them credit for being more durable than I thought. I am writing about the Boom! Vader electric bikes from a few years ago, so I am sure these will be fine--again, for limited appeal/uses to those in urban city centers and such. I went to New York City this past July, and stayed in Chinatown, and I saw many electric bikes and one particular brand of scooter that I had not seen before (it is hard to describe, but I will try to find it) being ridden by many people, as well as a few Genze electric scooters (those are India/USA derived--overpriced IMO).

That being said, I am with you, and knowing what I know (and not biased..,ok, very biased) if I lived in one of the many urban parts of NYC, I would probably invest in a TGB 2-stroke to putt around on if I was trying to live the minimalist lifestyle. I don't think the electric bikes can hit, and sustain, 45 to 50 MPH top speed like a good ol' TGB for the short bursts of power one might need in the city. Heck, I don't think they can putt around at 35!