PDA

View Full Version : 2008 atv2wd "JEEP" 1P57QMJ 150cc

warrior91
01-08-2008, 09:06 PM
:D :P :lol:
150cc Atv... (check out my gallery for pics...sorry I'll post one soon maybe...)

My familys new addition. Arrived middle Nov.07from china,at my doorlast week Nov.07, Bike numbers shown it was built 9/07...I can still smell fresh bike......(probably just benzene or lead...lol)
Mainly my sons new ride, perhaps his moms to borrow...
Hauls my butt around and gets up to 35mph at least, I will run it with a gps and post later I'm sure. Not over powered in the bottom end to say the least...but once rolling doesn't take long to get to top speed ...which I havn't tried fully on new bike quite yet.Prob should do 40 MPH!

Suspension -pre-load adjust rear gas/ gas res fronts
CVT Auto, reverse, elec. start, Legal road kit (atv cannot be plated or driven on roadways wear I live, .....lol anyways)
$900. CAD Taxes included,shipped to my shop in nice carton
3 hrs playtime till running.
In process of gathering replacement fastners to replace orig.

:roll: Anyways I would apreciate anything known about this bike and I'll answer any questions I can.
I have 30 years swinging a leg over a suz, honda, yamahas and now I will try some chinese.

This quad and a mx I bought do look nice , with pretty good plastic actually, and run nice...not a kick in the pants, but pleasantly surprised...
Totally reminded me of little hondas in the late 70s /80s....I hope these new quads stand up to the EEC standards they were made with as well as old hondas. [
http://www.chinariders.net/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=7091&g2_serialNumber=2
My gallery has more w/diff angles.

warrior91
01-27-2008, 09:58 PM
Ok. Spoke to soon or something. First issue....Electric choke must be giving me hassle...

A few days ago I kickstarted the Atv up and it idled up after only a half dozen kicks. I let the bike warm up a couple minutes...bombed around the back for a couple of minutes...ran good.I came back to the house ,put the boy on and he putted around for 15 min or so.
Bike coughed...ran coughed died...I walked over and checked the tank...looked pretty empty and it was running on reserve.
Well I thought "out o' gas" and pushed it back to the house for fuel.

Next day I put gas in and kicked it...nothing . Well I thought it needs a good dose of gasline antifreeze..Put some in the gas, turned fuel off and drained line to carb and filled the line with gasline antifreeze. Kicked a couple times and it fired...kicked a few more and it fired...ran...died.
I hooked up the battery charger and charged battery...Cranked with starter and it fired/putted a bit /died....It did this a couple times till it ran for about 3 minutes...then it died again and I can't restart anyways.

This quad has 1 tank of fuel through it, and ran good till now. It had sat through the cold(-30)couple weeks...but is only about -3 C when I'm trying to start now.

Lots of spark, fuel running to carb, switches on, what is the secret....purchase carb with manual choke??? What am I missing?

liverchip
01-28-2008, 03:35 PM
Since you mentioned manual choke I assume the motor you're addressing is a GY6. If so then yes the 'choke' is a notoriously tricky on the beast. It is not really a choke per'se, but just adds a bit more fuel to the mix when cold(yes, I know that's the function of the choke, but there is no choke plate in this case, just a valve which stays open and lets extra fuel in until an element heats up and closes it.) Normally this valve fails open and the motor runs extremely rich, but I suppose it could jam closed and never enrich the mixture as designed. Check the plug and make sure it's not fouled, then I'd try a bit if starting fluid into the carb and see if it trys to start. If so then the issue could indeed be the choke.

Might also have crap in the float bowl or in the petcock, restricting flow.

warrior91
01-30-2008, 12:15 PM
Well as far as I can tell (from Scootdawg and searching here) I am going to add a plunger type fuel primer and a fitting into the air intake...Either that or new carb and fabricate taller intake manifold for fitment.
Thanks Liverchip ( I got a buddy named Liver) I`ll check the carb on dissasembly, but I think I need to prime this biatch in the cold.
(BTY -44 C as I write this, so no wrenching today...might be nippy on fingers) :wink:

I would have thought I`d get more answers here, but nobody must run these electric enricher type carbs.(I now know why I removed the electric choke on my `81 chevy shortbox and put on manual assembly)
I hate electronics on power eq. If it doesn`t get wet or dusty, or shook loose from vibration....it just might work...unless it was broken at the factory install or just another piece of crap that failed right out of the package, that is.... I like CDI over points anyday but the rest is rediculous.Other than lightswitchs and kill switch I hate to rely on any electric POS to get me home....I can jerryrig anything...except some sending unit that my bikes COMPUTER relies on to start or run. I have got lots of friends that must double out of the bush because their bike won`t run, start, or shift...thanks to a $2 diode and a drop of water...(Repair probably will be more substantial than $2 to be sure.)
Anyways on that rant,
I don`t think the Chinese could have shoehorned anything else into my quad frame...I can`t get at the bowl drain screw without a driver that is bent in 3 diff directions. ,physically impossible to do with a normal screwdriver. I can just imagine the pain of changing out the carb...Oh well I can change out a bunch of fastners on the re-assembly. :lol: