PDA

View Full Version : front forks stiff

oncedead
01-08-2008, 10:36 PM
Has anyone had problems with ther front forks locking up? The travel on mine have reduced greatly not sure why, they have fluid in them and are on the softest setting??

ChiGongJitsu
01-09-2008, 04:35 AM
Well, i know that your suspension can build up heat from the compression and expansion, but i wouldn't think it would get hot enough to cause a change that would lessen the travel...

Do you normally pump them up and down every once in a while? (bike doesn't have to be on or anything)

I kind learned to just grab the front brake and push down on the handlebars every once in a while to keep things moving (just as a quasi-maintennance thing)

I'm no suspension expert though, but you might wanna try this just before your next ride to see if it helps.

coleary15
01-09-2008, 09:43 AM
my forks have compressed a lot 2....

ChiGongJitsu
01-10-2008, 10:53 AM
oooh, is your suspension shorter now than when you first got it (everything sits lower)? or is everything the same height as when you first got it?

oncedead
01-10-2008, 10:56 AM
its sits the same height , just the forks dont move more than a few inches. I think i got dirt in the oil somehow so i guess im going to rip them apart tomorrow.

ChiGongJitsu
01-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Good luck, hopefully you can find the culprit! keep us posted on how it goes.

I'm heading off to the garage right now to work on my bikes a little, bought my first tube of loc-tite (blue) let the fun begin!

coleary15
01-10-2008, 03:14 PM
my forks and mono shock have gotten smaller since i bought my bike or i grew haha...any ideas?