PDA

View Full Version : Did some DB-Mods

kelly5150
01-10-2008, 02:57 PM
I will have some pics tonight for ya all on the DB200A .
I did a very nice Billet ignition switch holder . I hated where they put those switches on this bike, good grief . Now it sits under the Air Dam next to the fuel Petcock , way cool .
I also used some bar stock alluminum to make a rear disc brake resivoir extension to lower the brake lever, it is way tooooo high for my liking and doesn't adjust enough . Problem solved , it is pretty cool once you see the pics you'll get what I did. It moved the Disk Brake Cylinder up over an inch on my fabricated plate which in turn moved the brake lever down under the foot-peg a bit so you don't have to lift your foot up to hit the rear brake pedal . I don't like my toes pointing outwards when I ride , I like my controls under my feet but me not hitting them ever unless I want to. It aint a horse you know !
You'll also get a real good idea of how small a DB-27 , DB-200 , Roketa , AllRoad , etc, are compaired to the Viva Preditor or the Apollo bikes. I took pics next to the Preditor and it makes the DB look miniscuel at best . And it is very small compaired to that Preditor or Apollo . If your not 6' Tall with long legs like me then I would highly recommend NOT buying those two bikes . The Apollo with the 19 and 16 inch rims would be ok for the smaller guys or gals, but no way is the 21 and 18" bikes going to fit you if your under 5'10" . No way. I am 6' and long legged and I cna barely put my feet to the floor and even at that I am on my ball-toes .
It is a very large bike like an RM250 or YZ250 .

Anyway, will post some pics later tonight .

Cheers, Kelly

coleary15
01-10-2008, 03:12 PM
cant wait 2 c the pics..mayb ill get sum ides 4 my db-27