PDA

View Full Version : DB200 Pics , Mods

kelly5150
01-11-2008, 01:12 AM
Well, here it is, the DB 200cc machine . I really kinda like this bike , runs good too.
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj96/5150kelly/AllRoad1.jpg
Bike is so much smaller than the Viva Preditor . I sure like it though . You can see the Rear Brake Resivour in this one on mounting bracket of bar stock alluminum that puts the resivour higher by at least an inch and takes the brake pedal down and inch. I just couldn't get it to adjust any farther with the stock adjuster so I changed the whole system, now it works right and puts the brake pedal where I want it and like it.
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj96/5150kelly/AllRoad2.jpg
Picture of the bike and Rear Brake Resivour again, and also shows the new mudguard system I use between shock and swingarm . Also a good shot of the new Fly Racing Bars and Blue Scott Grips . Also note I installed a rubber kickstarter pad , using black hose tubing and stainless aircraft wire .
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj96/5150kelly/AllRoad3.jpg
Just a pic of the bike and note again how small it is . Not that thats a bad thing , but it is small man !
And yes, I hate stickers on my bikes ? I don't know why , it is just what it is, clean looking . Can you tell I waxed every square inch of this little beast !http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj96/5150kelly/AllRoad4.jpg
Here she is, the latest and greatest Mod to date for me on this bike. The Billet alluminum came from the handlbar grip protector mounts I never would ever have on a bike , so I fabricated a peice of bar stock alluminum and shaped it into an " L " using my system, a Hammer and Crecent Wrench , tapped it and mounted to the Headsteady ( headsteady is what steadies your motor to the frame for the newbies ) and mounted the ignition switch inside the grip protector mounts obviously with stainless and chromme nuts bolts spacers. And NO, it doesn't hit the motor at all and it fits out of the way perfectly and does not interfear with your legs and you can shut her down without reaching in front of the bike. What a stupid place to put an ignition swith, in front of the air dam ?????
I really like this Mod, it works great and looks even better.
Remember the old saying, Creativity is the state of mind that is forced upon you when when someone else screwed up a good idea .

All in all this bike is very cool to me. I like it just as much as the Viva Preditor but on a different monetary note of course, but it sure is a fun little bike. For around $1,000.00 it is well worth the money so far. I don't have many miles on it, but I am going to let my Fiance' beat it up this weekend and get it way dirty for me too . Like I said, I wax everything prior to riding, even spokes , all the way , nipples , the works, so it cleans easilly. Rust is not your friend unless your rust .

I am not doen with the Mods yet, just out of time tonight. I am definately getting a better throatier Muffler for it, probably an adjustable type . As I tune, it needs to be able to tune too.

Anyway, cheers and enjoy the photos and your Db's, they are very cool .

Kelly 5150 out !

coleary15
01-11-2008, 09:55 AM
i have the same bike in red but i blew out the erear shock and get a uni pod filter....gets a ton of air...are ur front forks really soft?

kelly5150
01-11-2008, 10:25 AM
Howdee,
I like the red ones too , it was hard to decide. I may just have to get a red one too. ??? Hmmm?
And no, the front forks are not soft . I am changing the Fork oil today though . Chinese juice cannot be good for your suspension you know ?
I went with Yamalube Fork Oil . It was handy so why not. It was free too, even better !
I am also going to upgrade the rear shock, I want adjustable like on the Preditor . I think the front forks are fine, a little puney but they work good and will work better once the Fork Oil is changed . As long as the fork seals hold up they should last for years . I also found a site on e-bay that sells the Preditior exhaust system complete fro $100 , $25 shpping . That is for the ehader and alluminum muffler. Good price really for what you get. I may buy one for this bike, it should fit alright with some bend mods .

Cheers , Kelly5150 out

coleary15
01-11-2008, 10:29 AM
would u wanna sell the rear shock off the db?

coleary15
01-11-2008, 10:31 AM
and the bike is an exact copy of the 1989 honda xr100r...besides your rear wheel...

kelly5150
01-11-2008, 11:46 AM
Sorry, I keep all my old parts , just in case, and if yours broke, mine will too right ? Probably.
E-Bay has a great selection of aftermarket parts for these bikes, go check it out.

Also, a Clone of the XR100R ? Not really .
Ok, it looks simular, but not really. These DB's have 200cc motors, mine has disk brakes , electric start , should I go on ?
Yes, they are close and some parts will fit, but thats about it really .
I will say after drilling and tapping a few holes in this machines frame etc etc, the Steel is tough as nails. I was using titanium coated bits to drill and I will tell you straight up my frame is tough . I was surprised just how hard the metal was. May just be this particular batch of frames , but I am sure glad I got one ! I can attest eh ALLROAD 200 made in 2006 is one tough mutha .
The front forks need work, actually they need a stabilizer across from tube body to tube body to get them to flex less. I can see potential problems when jumping this bike soon . After experiencing the Preditiors monster forks and Billet ripple trees, the DB's are very week in comparison. But hey, the DB is what it is and I like it anyway.

Cheerios, time to go to the shop , Kelly out

coleary15
01-12-2008, 02:28 PM
yeah they look like the same and the engines are almost exactly the same...i bought a gasket kit for my top end and it was creepy that i only had 2 trim a little bit off but the oil seals and crank gaskets are the same...dead on fit..

thanx,
chris

kelly5150
01-12-2008, 09:07 PM
Thats good to know Chris about the gaskets . The motors are probably quite close, they jsut bored teh 200cc out more in the head is all than the 100R . Same engine case too i bet .

They are fun bikes, we win !

Later , Kelly out

ChiGongJitsu
01-12-2008, 11:55 PM
Is your engine number 163FML?

This would be a worthy thing to add to the dual sport forum or the parts sticky thread. A lot of the dual sports have the 163FML or the 169FML so info. about the gaskets is definitely good to know!

Thanks.

coleary15
01-13-2008, 03:27 PM
yeah the crank is all the same...and i have been ordering spokes 4 my rim off the 89 2...all of the parts are inter-changeable...