PDA

View Full Version : Apollo 250 fuel leak

polo44
01-12-2008, 10:58 PM
I am hoping some one can assist with a problem I am havingthat just started today. Today while riding my bike I stopped with the bike running and as I got off I noticed that I had fuel coming out of the hose that is attached to the bottom of the carborator bowl. I thought maybe the screw had vibrated loose while riding. So I went to check it and it is tight. So my question is, what is causing fuel to leak all of a sudden and how can it leak out if the screw is tight. Any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

kelly5150
01-13-2008, 06:47 AM
The screw is for emptying the bowl, not for overflow issues, and that is what it sounds like is happening to your carb .
This may be caused by the float sticking a little, too much gas is in the bowl and is overflowing out your tube . You'll notice this when its flooded too . Thats why most people shut the Petcock off when parked and the engine not running as sometimes the gas just keeps flowing into the carb from gravity , filling the bowl and overflowing out the tube . Not good when it can just keep flowing and drain your entire tank. My Harley does this once in awhile , so I always shut the petcock off if I park .
Maybe tha tisn't the problem, but I would check that bowl and make sure it is free and not a bunch of dirt in the bottom of the bowl or has a leak in the float itself making the bowl keep filling up because its too heavy to come up to where it needs to be therefore too much gas keeps comming in and overflowing out the tube .

Hope this helps, let us know .
Kelly5150 out