PDA

View Full Version : what to get my 14yr old daughter

mtc1966
01-14-2008, 09:12 PM
must be automatic will be used on dirt road type trails no jumping or abusive type riding. i see some pretty cheap ones on ebay but size concerns me.

i want to make sure the body is big enough for her.
so what are your suggestions.
thanks

BLMotorSports
01-14-2008, 11:49 PM
I would recomend a 150cc auto. Very easy to ride and most have a speed limmiter you can turn down till she is comfortable with it... Check out my web site I have several on there to choose from...

www.blmotorsportz.com

abcpowersports
01-15-2008, 11:27 PM
must be automatic will be used on dirt road type trails no jumping or abusive type riding. i see some pretty cheap ones on ebay but size concerns me.

i want to make sure the body is big enough for her.
so what are your suggestions.
thanks

look at abcpowersports.com

warrior91
01-16-2008, 11:18 PM
..."not a dealer"....
A 150cc is def. the way to go...Mine does about 40mph, but 30 is the optimum crusing speed. Auto, reverse, electric start, fancooled...The 150 is almost fullsized( 3" shorter in height, length and width than my 350 warrior) but light. Kids love it , and it is large enough that my boy will run it until it is too slow for him, not too small physically. (Check out photos in gallery)
As Far As I Am Concerned the Mandate from big brother on engine size is retarded...The 80cc mainstream quads won't fit my 8 year old son, let alone his 5'7" 11 year old sister...The 110cc in the dinky frames are a farce as the motor is big enough for fun , but whacking your elbows on your knees is no way to handle a quad.

As for brand , I couldn't tell which is the best...all I know is my 08' Yongjiang(jinglong) has thicker plastic than I have seen before, overall fit and finish was pretty darn good....however I asembled mine out of a crate...bikes are not badged or branded exept for vin tags/place of manufacture..no stickers etc. I did buy it off e-bay for $500 + 300 shipping...no support and 1 month warr...seller stocks most rep. parts at resonable prices. PRIndustries/(e-bay tag=bladeguard) ...also have heard good things about "allstarsales" as a seller, but they handle giovani and I have seen lots of issues in the past as they are the most popular chinabike around here...
I don't think everybody gets a good product for cheap from e-bay everytime, but I think I did good and the bike runs good as well.
I am handy at fixing and have ridden sleds and quads for many years and ready to deal with repairs ...emergency or scheduled. :roll: