PDA

View Full Version : Go Kart will not move

jdschmidty
04-04-2018, 10:31 AM
Hi guys, new to the forum.

I bought a used Chinese 125 Go Kart (SuperMach), chain drive, F/N/R, engine says 'Shiner'.

The guy I bought if from said his son put it in R will moving forward at full speed. So.....it does not move now in F or R. Engine runs fine.

I there a protective part (like a shear pin) that tends to break on these things when someone does a reverse drop?

Just hoping to get some advice on what to look for before I tear into it.

Thanks.

Weldangrind
04-04-2018, 12:11 PM
Good heavens! May we see pics of the complete kart and engine? Perhaps we can provide some guidance from there.

jdschmidty
04-04-2018, 01:15 PM
Good heavens! May we see pics of the complete kart and engine? Perhaps we can provide some guidance from there.

I'll get a better pic tonight. At work now, these are on my phone.

JerryHawk250
04-04-2018, 01:28 PM
Have you tried disconnecting the linkage and shift it by hand at the engine? May just need some adjustment.

Weldangrind
04-05-2018, 11:16 AM
If you decide to tear into it, there are plenty of good vids on Youtube that detail the transmission. Dismantling is similar to the XR50.

katoranger
04-05-2018, 06:26 PM
I suggest pricing a new engine. May be more cost effective than repairs. Likely something inside the transmission has snapped and would require you to split the cases.

You may want to pull the front sprocket cover off and make sure that the sprocket is not stripped. The clutch assembly should be under the opposite cover.

JerryHawk250
04-06-2018, 09:15 AM
New engine is around $200-230. Transmission gear set under$35.

jdschmidty
04-07-2018, 03:26 PM
Can anyone recommend a safe place to buy parts? I got ripped off last year by http://www.sunlpartsonline.com. He has about 5 websites. Took my money and only sent a few of the parts.

FLASHLIGHTBOY
04-11-2018, 06:15 PM
Hello.... that is shineray...... looks like a KANDI MODEL as wel.... google KANDI or just go to JASSMOTORS..... IN CALIFORNIA..... TRUSTED DEALER... the same motor as in the atvs and other stuff.. where are you??? eagleatv is another good site..