PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a carburetor for 125cc

Mowgli
04-09-2018, 01:05 PM
I’m thinking of replacing my carburetor and possibly intake on my hellcat. I have very little experience with carburetors so I’m looking to you all for help.
What carb do you recommend and what all will I need to do a swap. Links would help out greatly cause after awhile they all look the same to me. Thanks in advance

wlfpck
04-09-2018, 04:02 PM
VM22. I got mine from Cajunmaddogs. Comes with a couple of different jets so that you can dial in the pilot and main jets.

Bolts right up. I have this on my icebear fuerza.

Mowgli
04-09-2018, 08:18 PM
So the correct carb I need would be a vm22 which measures 26mm correct?

wlfpck
04-10-2018, 09:05 AM
I have no idea what it measures... never measured it myself...

VM22 is the model number... I think the full model number is VM22-133.

https://www.cajunmaddogs.com/product-page/fuerza-carburetor-upgrade-kit

This is the full kit.

imapdog
04-10-2018, 11:16 AM
I’m thinking of replacing my carburetor and possibly intake on my hellcat. I have very little experience with carburetors so I’m looking to you all for help.
What carb do you recommend and what all will I need to do a swap. Links would help out greatly cause after awhile they all look the same to me. Thanks in advance

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FS6M3W8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mowgli
04-11-2018, 11:58 AM
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FS6M3W8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That’s what I’m thinking I will get. What jets will fit it or should the one that comes in it work for my hellcat?

imapdog
04-11-2018, 12:02 PM
That’s what I’m thinking I will get. What jets will fit it or should the one that comes in it work for my hellcat?
my kit came with 98 jet in a mikuni carb. the carb measurements were 24mm at venturi and 26mm at connection to inlet manifold. i have purchased two from this same link. very satisfied. only thing i am watching is the idle screw, it seems a little loose and not snug so it may vibrate out but hasnt yet.a jet kit for mikuni vm22 is about $10 on amazon.https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017SJO94S/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
i dropped a 105 jet in it and left the stock pilot jet in them. i probably could up both but happy right where i am. i get to redline in 4th gear pretty good. dont see much more i can do to it besides a 5spd. i hv 17t front sprocket and stock 34 on rear. that said i think the stock 98jet will work fine. the factory presets are right on.

Mowgli
04-11-2018, 02:49 PM
my kit came with 98 jet in a mikuni carb. the carb measurements were 24mm at venturi and 26mm at connection to inlet manifold. i have purchased two from this same link. very satisfied. only thing i am watching is the idle screw, it seems a little loose and not snug so it may vibrate out but hasnt yet.a jet kit for mikuni vm22 is about $10 on amazon.https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017SJO94S/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
i dropped a 105 jet in it and left the stock pilot jet in them. i probably could up both but happy right where i am. i get to redline in 4th gear pretty good. dont see much more i can do to it besides a 5spd. i hv 17t front sprocket and stock 34 on rear. that said i think the stock 98jet will work fine. the factory presets are right on.

I just ordered both and they will be here Friday. From what I’ve read the air mixture screw is hard to get to. What do you recommend to set that at to start with. I’ve been reading 1.5 turns out.
I got the jets also but I don’t know how to tell if I need a different one so I will try the 98 first and see how it runs.

wlfpck
04-13-2018, 08:56 AM
Shouldn't be hard to get to... just use a screw driver and you're set.

Start with it at 1.5 turns out. Then I'd recommend following a guide on doing pulling the spark plugs to get it "tuned" in right.

Or... you could build a set up to do a clamp on wideband O2 sensor in the tailpipe and make adjustments based on the readings.

Mowgli
04-14-2018, 08:35 PM
I have the new carb on with a 115 yet. It runs great the only thing I’m having is when I put very slight pressure on the throttle the rpms want to drop before reving up. Almost like it’s going to stall. It hasn’t stalled and once I’m past that it’s fine. I’ve been messing with the air fuel mixture and it seems like there is no change

wlfpck
04-16-2018, 02:00 PM
I think that's going to be your idle jet or your needle jet. Main jet is basically just for full throttle.

Chinabike
04-16-2018, 05:18 PM
I think that's going to be your idle jet or your needle jet. Main jet is basically just for full throttle.

I got my 22mm on but not when i give it throttle it shoot up in rmp and doesn't come down right away?

Chinabike
04-16-2018, 07:01 PM
just changed to 110 main jet / needle at top notch, working good.

Mowgli
04-20-2018, 02:24 PM
I didn’t have to change my needle position at all and was running great till yesterday...

Driving along and it starts pouring gas out of the two overflow holes and the filter. I had to get a ride home and took the carb apart. A small piece of debris got under the little plunger that the float pushes up to stop the flow so the bowl was just overfilling and dumping out.

So I guess the fuel filter that comes on these taotao are crap. The only thing I can think is that it was part of the fuel line itself that maybe deteriorated after the filter and got into the carb since it was black

I’m at work and am looking to order replacement hose and filter. What size hose and filter are the hellcats using?

JerryHawk250
04-20-2018, 02:27 PM
I didn’t have to change my needle position at all and was running great till yesterday...

Driving along and it starts pouring gas out of the two overflow holes and the carb. I had to get a ride home and tour the carb apart. A small piece of debris got under the little plunger that the float pushes up to stop the flow so the bowl was just overfilling and dumping out.

So I guess the fuel filter that comes on these taotao are crap. The only thing I can think is that it was part of the fuel line itself that maybe deteriorated after the filter and got into the carb since it was black

I’m at work and am looking to order replacement hose and filter. What size hose and filter are the hellcats using?
If you're running fuel with ethanol it will eat the stock fuel lines up. I would replace them with a good quality fuel line and try to find ethanol free fuel.

Mowgli
04-20-2018, 02:49 PM
The closest ethanol free station near be is over 200 miles away so that’s not a option. I’m going to replace the line and filter. I just need to know what size it is so I can order some since I won’t have the bike with me till Monday

imapdog
04-20-2018, 04:56 PM
5mm
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fuel-Line-Gas-Tube-Hose-3-16-5mm-ID-Motorcycle-Bike-Scooter-ATV-BLUE/142393354107?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Chinabike
04-20-2018, 05:22 PM
The closest ethanol free station near be is over 200 miles away so that’s not a option. I’m going to replace the line and filter. I just need to know what size it is so I can order some since I won’t have the bike with me till Monday

I like Tygon best.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-16-ID-x-5-16-OD-FUEL-LINE-TYGON-trimmer-mower-atv-rv-car-truck-MADE-IN-USA/131954755779?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

and Visu filters

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Clear-Fuel-Filter-3-16in-60-Micron-304-SS-Visu-Filter-FF901C/332338925701?epid=171255766&hash=item4d60f19085:g:7d0AAOSwzkRZjLcZ

Chinabike
04-20-2018, 05:29 PM

and put the filter after the petcock so can easily replace in the future.

Mowgli
04-21-2018, 10:59 AM
Which way have you been installing the disc style filters. I’ve been reading some mixed answer on amazon since visu-filter doesn’t print arrows on the 3/16 models

Mowgli
04-22-2018, 08:34 PM
Have any of you all been switching the throttle cable out after getting the vm22 carb. I’m completely maxed out on my cable adjustment and still have tons of throttle play

Chinabike
04-23-2018, 02:35 PM
Which way have you been installing the disc style filters. I’ve been reading some mixed answer on amazon since visu-filter doesn’t print arrows on the 3/16 models

I thinking its narrow side closest to the tank on those.

RedCrowRides
06-28-2018, 05:26 PM
Yet another reason why I detest ethanol in gasoline.