PDA

View Full Version : Throttle problems

Deryl
04-09-2018, 06:23 PM
On my rps magician my throttle is not working right. I took the carb off to see what was happening. When I give it throttle and release it, my throttle valve is about 1/4 open(I am doing all this with the bike off). Then when I rotate the throttle counter clockwise after it stops it clicks and returns where it should be with no throttle.
Well I was pulling my throttle in and out(left and right) on my bars too see if it would help and now it goes back to the closed position when I release the throttle like it should. The only problem is now if I keep giving it throttle in the opposite direction it opens the throttle valve again so I have throttle both ways from the closed position.
I am thinking that my throttle tube is cracked or broken somehow. I tried to fix it right when I noticed something was wrong by opening the right switch assembly but for some reason they thought it necessary to put loctite on the bolts and even my easy out was unable to budge them.

Weldangrind
04-10-2018, 10:14 AM
Sounds like a new throttle is a good idea. Not sure where you were trying to use an easy-out, since they are typically Philips or JIS screws that secure the throttle. Can you show us a pic of the throttle fasteners.

Douglass
04-10-2018, 10:30 AM
I had a similar problem with my Apollo 250. The plastic guide where the the throttle cable goes between on the plastic tube was getting caught. I ended up sanding the edge down a little bit, and now it works perfect. I also lubed the cable, and that was the icing on the cake.

Deryl
04-10-2018, 05:52 PM
I used the easy out because I stripped the philips head screw trying to get it loose.