PDA

View Full Version : I was cruising around on my Hellcat today and.....

Hellkitty
04-16-2018, 01:07 AM
I was cruising around on my Hellcat today and I was thinking to myself "what a great lil bike this is". I've had it for a few months now and still have only about 100 miles on it. I did my due diligence before I bought it and based on issues people were having with their Hellcats and Vaders I did the necessary mods, carb, engine bolts, exhaust, locktite, ect. As a result, I have a nice running lil China bike. No weird rattles or vibrations, it runs great! I do think I need a little bigger main jet, it hesitates just a little bit when cruising around 40 mph and I open it up all the way.
I know I some of my other posts I said I wish I bought a Grom, not that I"m disappointed with my Hellcat, actually I like it so much I wish I bought the "real thing". But for what it is, it's a great lil bike!

This is just my personal experience, I know some other Hellcat owners have had some issues that I haven't experienced (knock on wood). Just thought I'd give an update on my positive experience with a Chinese made motorcycle. I'll do another update when I have a 1000 miles on it.

Cheers!

Megadan
04-16-2018, 03:43 AM
You nailed the biggest point with these Chinese made bikes. You have to put the work in, and the more you do, the better the end result. I call it "Self Quality Control."

Would a Grom be better? Absolutely. Is it 3 times better? That's kind of the question to ask. I think you have the right mind set, just love it for what it is. You can always save your pennies and pick up a Grom if that is what you really want, but while you do that you can do all of your learning and crashing on something cheap and easy to fix. Believe me, you care a lot less when you wreck a bike that isn't worth much and costs 20 bucks to repair.

2LZ
04-16-2018, 11:23 AM
Like I always say, a Chinabike is like the girl at high school everyone made fun of and ridiculed, but you didn't care. She was a ton of fun to ride.

culcune
04-17-2018, 07:54 PM
It's too bad we can't get the Lifan KP Mini 150 here in California; that is where I would put my money even if I could afford the Grom--5 speed, 150cc (California highway legal), vertical thumper. The few reviews and videos mention it being a high-quality bike, which I am guessing should be the case with a MSRP of $2k.

Chinabike
04-18-2018, 12:27 AM
You nailed the biggest point with these Chinese made bikes. You have to put the work in, and the more you do, the better the end result. I call it "Self Quality Control."

Would a Grom be better? Absolutely. Is it 3 times better? That's kind of the question to ask. I think you have the right mind set, just love it for what it is. You can always save your pennies and pick up a Grom if that is what you really want, but while you do that you can do all of your learning and crashing on something cheap and easy to fix. Believe me, you care a lot less when you wreck a bike that isn't worth much and costs 20 bucks to repair.

Exactly why i got the the Hellcat. I would of got a grom but riding wasn't my main reason , coming from scooters i wanted something to learn on. Some basic mechanics and riding a manual better, its been a real long time. If i would of got a grom i would of been scared to take it apart or do anything for that matter and would of learned nothing. I love the Hellcat, so easy to fix and buy parts for.

Never the less i already ruined my Head cylinder by over tightening the intake bolts and ruined one of the bolt holes trying to fix it, Now i have a small intake leak. Not the bikes fault my learning curve.haha but man i sure learned a lot already.

Now i need to know where i can buy a new head cylinder assembly for a 125cc 54mm Hellcat? Anyone?

Hellkitty
04-18-2018, 01:43 AM
I cant be absolutely sure but I think this one would fit. It's not black like the Hellcat head though.
https://www.amazon.com/Cylinder-Assembly-125cc-Roketa-Taotao/dp/B01N78XTIN

Google 54mm engine head, there are a few other choices.

Chinabike
04-18-2018, 02:31 PM
I cant be absolutely sure but I think this one would fit. It's not black like the Hellcat head though.

I saw that one. I was thinking this one is closer looking?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/54mm-cylinder-head-assembly-Valve-For-125cc-Trail-PIT-QUAD-DIRT-BIKE-ATV-DUNE/202024981766?hash=item2f09a09506:g:3AkAAOSw7QNZlpC-

Chinabike
04-18-2018, 05:28 PM
I think they are basically the same. Going to try one.

Rust0014
04-30-2018, 08:56 PM
I think they are basically the same. Going to try one.

Not sure if you've already bought something but if you haven't you could pickup a whole new engine for $229

https://partskit.com/#/product/search/schematic?s=100793&query=HELLCAT%20125%20and%20Power%20And%20Fuel%20S upply%20System

Might steal the head off that and keep the engine for future replacement parts? Just a thought!

RedCrowRides
07-13-2018, 09:02 PM
Lol, another reason why i love china bikes, entire engine ready to go for 229 dollars.
The last part i bought for my sportster cost more than that.,and i sure didnt get no entire new engine lmao !