PDA

View Full Version : Minki carb not shutting all the way

Hammertime
04-25-2018, 08:55 PM
Put carb on Vader 125 and can't get it to shit all the way a run wide open started

Hammertime
04-25-2018, 09:12 PM
Do you need long throttle cable

ben2go
04-26-2018, 09:56 AM
Are you talking to yourself? :lol:

Give the cable all the slack you can and check the routing to make sure the cable isn't kinked. If that is good and the problem persists, you may need a different cable. I'm not familiar enough with the small bikes to advise on which cable.

Weldangrind
04-26-2018, 10:55 AM
Is it possible that the slide is in backwards?

Lkhangee
05-06-2018, 10:16 AM
The needle might be bent. Or might be stucking int the emulsion tube which usually happens when the needle jet is improperly seated. (the jet through which the needle goes in /out)

Arcstriker29
05-06-2018, 08:34 PM
When I swapped carbs, it took some messing around to get the throttle right, but first like some one else mentioned, check to make sure the slide is in correctly, it might need to be rotated 180 degrees... OR see if there is any play at all when you twist the throttle, or is it tight and only turn a short distance? I try to set mine so there is minimal play, but not so the cable is being tugged when released. A lot of these carbs have different cable settings from 1 to another.

Adjuster
05-07-2018, 09:58 AM
My guess is the little metal ferrule at the end of the throttle cable is not seated all the way down into the nipple on top of the carb. Essentially causing your cable to be just slightly shorter.

/