PDA

View Full Version : A year with a Lifan LF 100GY

deputygene
01-21-2008, 12:50 PM
Got this bike for my son last year for Christmas. $650.00 shipped from Hooper. Drop shipped to a nearby town. Got the bike around Thanksgiving 2006, stashed it at a friends house where I put it together slowly, taking stuff apart, trying to locktight everything. It started easy enough, and has remained easy to start. It is a four speed, 1 down, three up with manual clutch. He rode it constantly throughout the summer. The only problems have been:

When wound up high in first gear, it sometimes jumps out of gear into neutral. This has been the biggest problem that I had hoped would "wear" in (and has a little bit), but not completely. Not too much of a problem as the bike is geared very low and he is out of 1st before you know it.

A "hitch" in the carb, it stutters a little at a certain rpm. I have not been able to get rid of it, it has not hampered his riding.

Tube for back wheel, pulled the air valve right off.

Last month, trying to start it in the cold I fouled a plug, had a time finding anything to use for it.

One of the bolts that hold the footpegs on was lost, vibrated out after the locktight treatment.

He has bent the clutch and shifter pedal from a wreck. Bent them back, all ok.

That is pretty much it, the bike looks good still, and he enjoys riding it.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c206/deputygene/Motorcycles/MVC-091F.jpg

ejcycles
01-21-2008, 01:09 PM
Hi deputygene
Good to hear from you, it's been a while. A few months ago I just sold the A. Lifan LF100GY-B I had sitting on the floor. The kid loves it. The carburetors... well they all have that dead spot as I tried to get rid of it on the one I sold. He hasn't had a problem with it at all and he rides the wheels off of it. Sorry to hear you still have the shifting glitch.

deputygene
01-21-2008, 01:29 PM
Hey! It has been a while, but I thought I would share our experience with this neat little bike.
My other bike has been up and down trying to get parts. Tank may have finally come through with parts for my Tank 200. They want pictures of the plastic parts to replace them. So I will take some digitals and send them. I have actually been looking for something like a used XR 600 to ride around.

Do you know what plug the LF 100 GY uses? I got a plug from auto zone that works, but does not look like the same plug that came out. They said they could not find anything from the numbers on the chinese plug. It is marked NHSPLD, A7TC, 041. Any idea on a correct replacement plug?
Do you have any idea or remedy for why it pops out of first gear? Otherwise it shifts fine, does not come out of any of the other gears.

Can you get an exhaust end cap for the LF 100? I was thinking I might find a touch more power if I was to take the stock end cap, cut off the piece that goes up into the exhaust and bolt it back on. I want an extra in case this doesn't work out.

CathastrophiX
01-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Nanjing Huade Spark Plug Company

Cross reference:
http://www.nhsp-ld.com/en/News/ShowInfo2.aspx?ID=13

(A7TC = NGK C7HSA)

liverchip
01-21-2008, 04:27 PM
Hey! It has been a while, but I thought I would share our experience with this neat little bike.
My other bike has been up and down trying to get parts. Tank may have finally come through with parts for my Tank 200. They want pictures of the plastic parts to replace them. So I will take some digitals and send them. I have actually been looking for something like a used XR 600 to ride around.

Do you know what plug the LF 100 GY uses? I got a plug from auto zone that works, but does not look like the same plug that came out. They said they could not find anything from the numbers on the chinese plug. It is marked NHSPLD, A7TC, 041. Any idea on a correct replacement plug?
Do you have any idea or remedy for why it pops out of first gear? Otherwise it shifts fine, does not come out of any of the other gears.

Can you get an exhaust end cap for the LF 100? I was thinking I might find a touch more power if I was to take the stock end cap, cut off the piece that goes up into the exhaust and bolt it back on. I want an extra in case this doesn't work out.

Looks like a normal pushrod motor we all have. The parts crossreference section should list the proper plug.

ejcycles
01-22-2008, 03:42 AM
Hi deputygene

CathastrophiX, is correct on the Spark Plug C7HSA gap .026.
Thanks CathastrophiX, I have seen other spark plug cross reference charts some work some don't, but that one is nice.

Why dopes it pop out of first gear... the only thing I can think, if it isn't going into first gear all of the way...The shift drum may not be turning enough due to something wrong with the Shift Arm..... or a bent shift fork. Those are the only two things I can think of.

The 100 is an OHC engine.
Don't do anything with that baffle/spark arrester unless you plan on re-jetting the carburetor. They are very picky. You can remove it and let me know what the engine does/sounds like but that is up to you. I'll see if there is Just a baffle available, as far as I know right now it would be the entire exhaust.