PDA

View Full Version : Lifan KP Mini 150cc

Ceasar1010
05-12-2018, 09:31 PM
Good Parts So far it's a good bike. I'm not a hooligan with it doing wheelies and stunts but just driving it. Its got enough power to go on the freeway, easy to drive, 5th gear makes a difference, looks good and built well. The two-year warranty is already in effect and I am getting a replacement gas tank sensor and gauge cluster. It was surprisingly easy via my dealer.

Sad parts: Gas gauge says empty at about half tank. Speedo is +6 to 10 mph but from what I read that's normal. The pegs don't flip and are on a solid steel bar. Fender has a keyhole for the seat release and is making it hard for me to build a fender eliminator.

I'm slowly building content on youtube because of the lack of any.

https://youtu.be/hmEkuuWKy6w
https://youtu.be/a8ur40oVHpM

culcune
05-15-2018, 08:31 PM
Keep the reviews coming! I think more people will purchase this little beast thanks to a few pioneers such as yourself and RJ Gould's neighbor from RJ's YouTube videos buying them. I spoke with American Lifan a few months ago and supposedly they are working on CARB certification for California, as well as a fuel-injection system for the bike. To me, they already have the KP/KPR200, so they should simply dominate the class by dropping in the liquid-cooled, fuel-injected engine from those bikes! :tup:

Ceasar1010
05-22-2018, 06:38 PM
Keep the reviews coming! I think more people will purchase this little beast thanks to a few pioneers such as yourself and RJ Gould's neighbor from RJ's YouTube videos buying them. I spoke with American Lifan a few months ago and supposedly they are working on CARB certification for California, as well as a fuel-injection system for the bike. To me, they already have the KP/KPR200, so they should simply dominate the class by dropping in the liquid-cooled, fuel-injected engine from those bikes! :tup:

I got a few comments and they are cali carb legal now. A few places in cali are dealers now. The first aftermarket part came out also - an exaust but I am trying to figure out how to get one without going to a dealer.

So far so good :) Think I need to adjust my valve lash but im not sure if I can do it and keep my warranty. Thats something I am going to have to face sooner or later.

culcune
05-22-2018, 10:45 PM
I am also 'culcune' on YouTube (funny how that happened), so you saw my comment there. My friend is a wholesale distributor for Lifan (he owns Excalibur Motorsports who are the US distributors for TGB scooters) to dealers, but I think he can 'slip' one out to me for dealer cost--I probably won't have a warranty, lol, which is actually not funny since Lifan offers a 2 year warranty on their bikes. And no, I won't disclose wholesale cost, so don't ask (yes, funny) :)

Ceasar1010
05-25-2018, 10:57 AM
https://youtu.be/Rm42hsqVMLk

JerryHawk250
05-25-2018, 11:14 AM
:tup:Bike looks great! nice work.

culcune
05-25-2018, 11:58 AM
Ceasar, is the exhaust you mentioned for $300 an aftermarket offering, or direct Lifan aftermarket offering?

Ceasar1010
05-25-2018, 12:34 PM
Its 305 installed + 8.25% sales tax from my local dealer. Problem is I want to make a video on the install and I also wanted to make sure my viewers who have theirs shipped have an option to buy. As far as direct for from Lifan they are always referring me to a local dealer or said they would find me a local dealer that can ship me one.

Ceasar, is the exhaust you mentioned for $300 an aftermarket offering, or direct Lifan aftermarket offering?