PDA

View Full Version : Tail pipe muffler for the DB200A

kelly5150
01-24-2008, 06:19 AM
Had ordered a new muffler for this bike a week ago on E-Bay, installing it today . Fabricated a coupler to fit the two pipes together . Had to add a 6" piece of 1-1/8 OD tubing out from the muffler to the point I cut the old pipe back to fit this beast , then the coupler to attatch together . Will weld this today at some point . Muffler intake tube is the same exact size as the Db200's stock pipe, so this just magically happened to work out perfectly ???? Go figure, sometimes we just get very lucky . I don't trust the quality of steel on the stock header pipe enough not to couple over the junction , then weld . 1-1/8" OD tubing works perfect for muffler intake by the way . I guess all these bikes, be them 50cc to 200cc are all 1-1/8 " OD ??????????? I say I don't trust the quality of the steel because when I cut the pipe back to size I used my Recipocating saw (Saws-ALL) and it cut like butter , frozen butter ! It's getting a coupler just for spite :lol:
I went with a fatter muffler off a 125cc Pit-Bike style bike , all alluminum , red-annodized billet tip . Same exit hole size as stock, so no constriction over what it had there to start with, just a bigger expansion chamber and a better baffle system than stock . Should be quite a bit Throatier I would imagine ? It is a full 1" fatter around and 2" shorter than stock . Weighs the same and doesn't touch any plastic or metal on test fit of parts prior to weld, so I should be good to go .
Not sure what tuning I will need if any to the carb ? Guess it will get tuned to what it needs reguardless though .

Will post pics tonight I am hoping after a test ride . It has been in the 17* to 30* range temperatures here so it will be a short ride !!!! :lol:
The woodstove feels a bit better than 50 MPH windchill !

Later, kelly5150 out

[/img]

kelly5150
01-24-2008, 01:43 PM
That muffler gave this little DB200 some poop ! :lol:
My bike just stepped in poop ! :lol:

Nice upgrade for $50 ...........Carb needed slight tune , possibly richer later, but its soooo cold out I don't want to touch it too much more than I did till its warmer out . Plug looked close to perfect after a short ride .

Sounds really thick now too, nice and throatey like a dirt bike should .
Why did I wait so long to get rid of that stock muffler ?????? :?

Took some pics, will post tonight for sure.

Cheers, kelly5150out