PDA

View Full Version : Need help Tao tao Hellcat

Hellcat Rider
06-13-2018, 12:45 PM
Hey guys need all your help my bike is acting up:(

So I was riding today perfectly fine when my bike just turned off and did not want to stay on if I didn’t give it gas even then it was running ruff and keept shutting off if I gave it no gas just at idle. Also I have a mikuni vm22.
Also when I went to see my carb it was really cold not even hot it even had water bubbles from being cold. Any help pls

imapdog
06-13-2018, 12:52 PM
Hey guys need all your help my bike is acting up:(

So I was riding today perfectly fine when my bike just turned off and did not want to stay on if I didn’t give it gas even then it was running ruff and keept shutting off if I gave it no gas just at idle. Also I have a mikuni vm22.
Also when I went to see my carb it was really cold not even hot it even had water bubbles from being cold. Any help pls

sounds like one of my situations...

i would check your isolator-spacer for cracks allowing air. i been through a lot of crappy ones that crack too easily. found the leakage by spraying carb cleaner around carb while idle looking for revs.

if all is sealed, then trash maybe in the jets....

Hellcat Rider
06-13-2018, 02:28 PM
sounds like one of my situations...

i would check your isolator-spacer for cracks allowing air. i been through a lot of crappy ones that crack too easily. found the leakage by spraying carb cleaner around carb while idle looking for revs.

if all is sealed, then trash maybe in the jets....

Yeah ima take it apart and clean it I hope that’s the problem since it was runing just fine. Thank you ! I will keep updated. Does any one else have any thoughts ?

siikmonkee
06-13-2018, 03:57 PM
Yeah ima take it apart and clean it I hope that’s the problem since it was runing just fine. Thank you ! I will keep updated. Does any one else have any thoughts ?

I'd have to second the suggestion, though I would be more inclined to think it's a fuel delivery issue (or fuel to air) rather than a break in the separator. Where you were running ok before, I'd start with the line filter and head down the line, just to make sure you're actually getting gas.

Are you using the stock intake with the evap line installed, or did you use an aftermarket intake without the line?

Hellcat Rider
06-13-2018, 06:22 PM
I'd have to second the suggestion, though I would be more inclined to think it's a fuel delivery issue (or fuel to air) rather than a break in the separator. Where you were running ok before, I'd start with the line filter and head down the line, just to make sure you're actually getting gas.

Are you using the stock intake with the evap line installed, or did you use an aftermarket intake without the line?

Yes it was running fine before and out of nowhere it started acting up.
And yes have a aftermarket intake and the line is not installed left it hanging.
And plugged it with a screw idk if that is what I was suppose to do or leave it free no plug .

siikmonkee
06-13-2018, 06:58 PM
Yes it was running fine before and out of nowhere it started acting up.
And yes have a aftermarket intake and the line is not installed left it hanging.
And plugged it with a screw idk if that is what I was suppose to do or leave it free no plug .

Off topic, are you the same 'Hellcat Rider' on Youtube?

So this is more opinion and observation from me rather than actual fact, so take this as you will - I was under the impression that the evap line on the machine helped with the flow of air/fuel, which is why I left mine on. I've seen others who didn't put it back on, but they mentioned drilling and tapping the aftermarket intake. I'll have to do more research on it, but I wonder if the lack of that inlet may have caused the ratio to be off? Have you checked your spark plug to see what color it is?

Other than that, that's all I can think of - fuel delivery, mixture, and spark 'quality'. If everything else looks pretty normal, swap out the carb for the original one (if you still have it around) and see if you get the same issue. That would at least help troubleshoot the root of the problem.

Hellcat Rider
06-13-2018, 07:35 PM

So this is more opinion and observation from me rather than actual fact, so take this as you will - I was under the impression that the evap line on the machine helped with the flow of air/fuel, which is why I left mine on. I've seen others who didn't put it back on, but they mentioned drilling and tapping the aftermarket intake. I'll have to do more research on it, but I wonder if the lack of that inlet may have caused the ratio to be off? Have you checked your spark plug to see what color it is?

Other than that, that's all I can think of - fuel delivery, mixture, and spark 'quality'. If everything else looks pretty normal, swap out the carb for the original one (if you still have it around) and see if you get the same issue. That would at least help troubleshoot the root of the problem.

No I’ve made hellcat vids but my name on you tube is Moto Anarchy lol
Yes I’ve seen others leave it off with no problem but I’ve been running with it off for a wile now and it is just fine so I don’t think that is the cause. But I will look into it more

Hellcat Rider
06-13-2018, 10:18 PM
Any time you see a cold situation a pump is pulling a vacuum and absorbing heat from the molecules contraction. Did you clean your air filter?

J

No I have not cleaned it. What do you mean by a pump? As to witch pumps ?

Hellkitty
06-13-2018, 10:47 PM

Im Hellcat rider on youtube:hi:

Hellkitty
06-13-2018, 11:51 PM
I removed the canister on mine. I'm running a VM22 on the stock intake and air box, plugged the inlet. I runs great! I would recommend replacing the fuel lines, they will start to deteriorate from the inside out especially if your using gas with ethanol in it.

siikmonkee
06-14-2018, 10:22 AM
I removed the canister on mine. I'm running a VM22 on the stock intake and air box, plugged the inlet. I runs great! I would recommend replacing the fuel lines, they will start to deteriorate from the inside out especially if your using gas with ethanol in it.

This is great to know, thanks for sharing some of your insight! I might have to consider replacing the manifold with the one that came with the kit, then. I'm sure the bigger bore would help a bit with the increased flow through there.

Hellkitty
06-14-2018, 08:02 PM
This is great to know, thanks for sharing some of your insight! I might have to consider replacing the manifold with the one that came with the kit, then. I'm sure the bigger bore would help a bit with the increased flow through there.

what I did was I dremeled a taper on the carb side of the intake, so the air kind of funnels into the smaller diameter of the intake. I'm not sure it made a big difference or not but I thought it might help. I used a 24mm insulator between the carb and the intake also.

culcune
06-14-2018, 11:41 PM
As someone above mentioned, check the spark plug.

Hellcat Rider
06-15-2018, 12:35 AM
As someone above mentioned, check the spark plug.

Will do!

Chinabike
06-18-2018, 02:28 PM
Did you figuare it out?
I replaced my intake to 26mm one without inlet nipple.
I have the tube that was attached running to open air and has been fine.

Hellcat Rider
06-19-2018, 02:35 AM
Did you figuare it out?
I replaced my intake to 26mm one without inlet nipple.
I have the tube that was attached running to open air and has been fine.

I believe I found the problem. So my intake one of the bolts was loose I’m guessing it caused a gap and was letting in/out to much air causing it to shut off.
Just need to re assemble everything to be 100% sure

wlfpck
06-20-2018, 03:33 PM
when you tighten things down, make sure to tighten one side a little, then the other side. Back to the original side, then the other side. Repeat till both sides are tight.