PDA

View Full Version : Best affordable/tunable VADER Carb repl?

RedCrowRides
06-28-2018, 10:27 AM
I've been following a lot of VADER threads and seeing what everyone recommends changing /upgrading right off to avoid problems ,I already ordered an exhaust, rear fender delete kit ,got some upgraded engine mount bolts ,and ordered some bar end mirrors. I'm trying to get everything here in time so I can put it all on when the Vader arrives.

I' see everyone is replacing the stock carb right off , but I'm not too clear on what exact type and source that has different jets available and will fit the stock intake and so forth.

Could anyone please post an actual Amazon or Ebay link to the most popular

carburetor upgrade thats affordable / tunable as far as availability of different jets , etc?

Thanks in advance! I will also be changing the fork oil and engine oil ( have both here ready) but if I am missing any " must address right off " items I havent mentioned here then please feel free to let me know what they are .,I want to do this right to get it set up to be as reliable as possible right off and also maybe add a little performance boost / improved looks.

cbrfxr67
06-28-2018, 11:15 AM
I went with
carb (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mikuni-VM22-26mm-Carburetor-kit-for-CB125-CG125-110CC-125CC-140CC-Pit-bike-ATV/272957161230?hash=item3f8d83bf0e:g:skQAAOSwGvhUFuK x&vxp=mtr)
and carb kit (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carburetor-Carb-Jet-for-Mikuni-VM22-VM24-VM26-125-150-200-250cc-Dirt-Pit-Bike/121793729005?hash=item1c5b78d1ed:g:sewAAOSwwbdWJ7K G&vxp=mtr)

this is my first rodeo with this set up but figured I'd start there,....

RedCrowRides
06-28-2018, 01:33 PM
That looks like exactly what i need ,assuming the quality is greater than the factory bit and that jet kit looks pretty good too .This is also my first Vader ,my other bike is a 04 Sportster with a Hammer Performance 1250 kit in it . I'm pretty knowledgeable on HD's but these Chinese Grom clones are a whole new ballgame haha.