PDA

View Full Version : Venom x20 or vader 125

Texastitan87
07-12-2018, 08:24 AM
Wheel bearings pooped out on my rear wheel. Can i just pop them back in or do i have to get new ones.

RedCrowRides
07-12-2018, 12:45 PM
Erm, thats a tough question without pix, if they are not visibly damaged you should be able to just press them back in, the issue is what made them come out to begin with .If the hub isnt deformed where the bearing races go in you should be okay ,be sure and clean the bearings of any grit, dirt, etc and regrease them .
I'm guessing the rear axle not came loose which isn't unheard of and that led to the problem- be sure and get lock washer and loctite to address that issue ,and check the bolt to make sure it wasn't damaged ,warped or bent .
Be real careful knocking the bearings back in and don't gall the race(s) , a socket that just will fit the outside is good but a center punch will work in a tight ,just tap lightly and go all around so it goes in flat and straight and doesn't get cocked to one side.
Once you get it all back together and tightened , if it isn't in a bind and rotates freely and doesnt feel " grindy" or "raspy" and doesn't have a lot of free play or clicking when you move the tire side to side ,you should be good.