PDA

View Full Version : Ssr sr150?

wedooit
07-25-2018, 11:09 AM
I found a dealer in Salt Lake that handles the SSR SR150. I cant find much info here about this bike. Any recommendations on this bike at 1800.00? Dealer is XTM Motorsports. Thanks again!

2LZ
07-25-2018, 04:01 PM
I read a review on this bike in Dirt Bike magazine. They said some pretty darn good things about it. You may want to dig that up.
Unfortunately, this site hasn't delved much into the SSR line (Qingqi bikes) other than a few of us. They've always been the high priced spread compared to the Hondoids.
I can tell you from owning a Qlink (also built by Qingqi) that it's a very good quality bike. I call it "virtually Japanese".
If you end up getting one, please start a thread.

EDIT: My error. Dirtbike tested the 189.... very similar though.

culcune
07-25-2018, 05:10 PM
I think I have seen a few youtube videos of the bike, and they were very gushing of it. :tup:

I think they are probably up there with Pitster Pro, so worth the money as far as comparing a new Chinese bike to new brand name bikes.

wedooit
07-26-2018, 11:58 AM
Thank you for the info! I found a good deal on a used ttr225 for myself, and it fits my short size, but my wife had an accident with a 250, and she would prefer a 150, for size and weight, etc. I have searched the ttr125 and cr150, tough to find something in good shape, unless i pay 2500 plus. I stumbled accross a dealer in UT that has the SSR. I am only a couple hours away, so I and we are going to investigate. I will keep an update.

A comment on the ttr225 that i bought....was a good deal, but have to spend about 700 to bring into really good shape.Am working on that project now. If the ssr is a good bike, 1800.00, new, not a bad plan, with maybe 200 more in upgrades.

2LZ
07-26-2018, 12:10 PM
That's one of the reasons why we are China Riders. Used Japanese stuff is sooooooooo expensive for equipment that usually needs work and is a decade old.
I'm not sure about Idaho but here in CA, people want a mint for sun baked garbage.

Many of us are past our prime or weren't Roger DeCoster to begin with. I don't plan on clearing any triple jumps anytime soon so a Chinese dirt bike will do just fine for light trail riding and save me a ton.

wedooit
07-27-2018, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the replies!!!! An update....I called the dealer in SLC on the SSR SR150.....they don't stock it.....after all the hoopla on their website. Yes is true, we are sporting grey hair, and not looking for jumps. However in the winter, with sledding, and a good landing, we try to keep our jumping skills active, but not as daring in the early years. I can remember jumping off of cornices, in early years, just lucky I wasn't caught in an avalanche. So back to a search for a good bike for the Mrs.

2LZ
07-27-2018, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the replies!!!! An update....I called the dealer in SLC on the SSR SR150.....they don't stock it.....after all the hoopla on their website. Yes is true, we are sporting grey hair, and not looking for jumps. However in the winter, with sledding, and a good landing, we try to keep our jumping skills active, but not as daring in the early years. I can remember jumping off of cornices, in early years, just lucky I wasn't caught in an avalanche. So back to a search for a good bike for the Mrs.
Do they carry the 189?....or is their website just full of empty SSR promises?

wedooit
07-28-2018, 09:41 AM
No on the 189. I did read the reviews on the 189. Very impressive. I will keep all posted. Thanks again!