PDA

View Full Version : The $250 Question!

kirbo7106
08-16-2018, 12:58 AM
That’s the difference in cost between a Hellcat and a Vader! I can either get a Hellcat for $1,050 or a Vader for $1,300. Is the Vader worth the additional $250? On paper, the only difference is the rear tire size. The Hellcat has a 120/70-12 on both the front and rear, where as the Vader has a 120/70-12 on the front and a 130/70-12 on the rear. Is there a big quality difference between the two?

Which would you get and why?

Thanks!:thanks:

RedCrowRides
08-16-2018, 06:49 AM
I think they are near identical , the Hellcats parent co. is TaoTao, while the Vaders is Boom aka Baodiao .I'm assuming the Vader price is from Venom and that includes Shipping ,is the Hellcats shipping included in the $1050 ?

I own a Vader but tbh the two are ( in my opinion) so nearly identical that if it were me assuming both include shipping , I'd save the $250 and buy the Hellcat , which would cover the cost of the mods you will likely want to do right off , like carb /pipe

and possibly a front sprocket swap,bars, and fork oil, etc. Not to say you "have" to do these to enjoy it ,just that a lot of people do. If not, great you are still up $250 .

anyways thats my take on it ,but my feelings wont be hurt if anyone posts that disagrees , only other thing i'd take under consideration is the reputation of the dealer, and are you expecting any real support from them post purchase and how likely would you be to get any lol .

JerryHawk250
08-16-2018, 08:53 AM
Even if they were the same price I think the Hellcat would be the better choice just for the fact that parts are readily available from TaoTao. From what I can see they look identical.

culcune
08-16-2018, 07:43 PM
I have spoken with the owner of Kronik Racing in Simi Valley, and he swears by the Vader. He has negative things to say about the Hellcat. Kronik has been in business for several years, although they carried mostly pit bikes and racing parts for pit bikes from SSR. They sold street scooters and even the SSR XF250 which member dh bought from Kronik. However, he stopped carrying SSR over unexplained price spikes, which meant no more Razkulls, and started carrying Vaders. The reason I believe he is being honest is he has no connection to Baodiao other than the Vader, and being independent could carry any brand he wants, but he chooses not to carry Hellcats. Don't take my word for it, but call him to see why he does not carry Hellcats. Personally, I would purchase the Hellcat, but I just wanted to throw out an alternative viewpoint from an actual dealer. He has no skin in the game even though he claims to be the biggest Vader dealer, because he could sell Taotaos, but he is no fan of them due to quality.

kirbo7106
08-17-2018, 11:13 AM
Culcune - bad reviews/experiences is what I’m trying to avoid. I’ve seen videos of the Hellcat on YouTube and nobody seems to complain about them.

I’ve been watching a lot of Biz Moto’s videos on YouTube. I think the only Vader Parts he has left is the frame, swing arm and the wiring. His Grom clone is cool!

The dealership that I’m looking at seems to be more “Family/Customer” Focused! Definitely not a “Manny” type!

I’ll keep you posted!

kirbo7106
08-17-2018, 05:53 PM
I pulled the trigger!:tup: I decided on a white Hellcat! I went through www.FamilyGoKarts.com and spoke to Jeff. I saved $60 by choosing to pick it up at the freight terminal. Porch Pirates won’t get my new bike!

This is going to be my 50th birthday present to myself, which isn’t until March, so I put it on layaway. They don’t charge a fee for using their layaway plan like other dealerships do. Plus, it locks in the price and holds my bike for me. They only had 6 white Hellcats left, now only 5!

The price was $1,093.16! Delivered! Again, I saved a few dollars by having it delivered to the freight terminal. The shipping company, Saia, has a $50 off deal going on right now if you have it delivered to a business. Since I put mine on layaway, the $50 off may not be available when I pay the Hellcat off.

Now it’s time to get the mods list going! Thanks to all the people who responded!:thanks:

JerryHawk250
08-17-2018, 06:03 PM
:tup: Congrats. That will give you plenty of time to get everything together for your mods. Do I see a theme bike coming!!! The Grumman F6F Hellcat!????

kirbo7106
08-17-2018, 06:59 PM
:tup: Congrats. That will give you plenty of time to get everything together for your mods. Do I see a theme bike coming!!! The Grumman F6F Hellcat!????

I’m thinking “Grumman Hellcat”!

Time to start looking at parts! :clap:

RedCrowRides
08-18-2018, 07:35 AM
Hellcat you say ? click this ! https://www.ebay.com/itm/GW250-Shark-Face-Fuel-Tank-Reflective-Sticker-Cover-Decal-For-SUZUKI/282732251404?hash=item41d427c90c:g:3gwAAOSwNGhZ4ZC 2

Grats on your choice ,and welcome to the Clone Army ! FWIW, I'm 60 and love mine, so 50 is completely doable lol ! I do own a "big bike" also but having never really grown up I enjoy the Vader immensely ,I may be the worlds oldest stunt rider ,the good thing is it hurts a lot less when i fall off a 200 pound bike going 10-20 mph ,and in my advanced state of decomposition, yes it does hurt lol !

I have about as much fun wrenching on mine as I do riding it ,if you enjoy modding your bike to your preferences there are no end to the options ,and the prices are very reasonable ,I was able to mod half my entire Vader for what just a set of Vance and Hines pipes for my Sportster cost, for example.

kirbo7106
08-18-2018, 10:45 AM
RedCrowRides - I’m right there with ya! I have a “Big” bike, but wanted a small bike. I buy vehicles that have a strong following and lots of aftermarket parts! :)

I’m liking the decal!

I think I’m going to wrap the fairings in blue and add some Navy aircraft decals. I’m split on the exhaust system. I put a post out on the exhaust. The 190 cc engine with the 5 speed is definitely on the list!

Enjoy the Ride!