PDA

View Full Version : 54mm Cylinder Head Assembly

Chinabike
08-22-2018, 11:55 PM
I don't need one. But was wondering why is the 54mm Cylinder Head Assembly is
so hard to find a replacement. sold out every place

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O19URF4?pf_rd_p=d1f45e03-8b73-4c9a-9beb-4819111bef9a&pf_rd_r=63ASZYRY81VRS7RDZ6PW

RedCrowRides
08-23-2018, 08:31 AM
I've not seen nor heard of any massive top end problems so I'm guessing it's just supply lag ,I had to pre-order my Vader then wait 3 weeks for the container ship from China with them to arrive ,I know the same thing happened last year ,Vaders and Hellcats were sold out across the US.,right now the Zs190's are sold completely out.

Since soooo many Clones are selling and that same engine also goes in the taotao Coolster which sells well too ,I'm guessing that there was nowhere near enough heads

stateside to begin to cover even normal failure rates ,and those have now sold out .

The new Tariffs are also slowing down import times into the US., I saw my already 3 week wait times on parts from China creep up to 4 and 5 weeks because of that mess
.,which has been aggravating to say the least .

Anyways my point is I don't think it's because of a big failure rate on the heads I think it was insufficient stock to cover even normal repl rates ,and underestimation of how many Clones would be sold both now and before .

Mudflap
08-23-2018, 11:47 AM
I ordered one from PCC Motors a few weeks ago after stripping the spark plug threads on my Lifan 140. Returned it because the cam and bearings were different so the cam sprocket didn't fit. Installed a helicoil instead. As I recall it was $63 with free shipping.

Like Redcrowrides said its highly unlikely you'll ever need a new head.

Chinabike
08-23-2018, 02:46 PM
I've not seen nor heard of any massive top end problems so I'm guessing it's just supply lag ,I had to pre-order my Vader then wait 3 weeks for the container ship from China with them to arrive ,I know the same thing happened last year ,Vaders and Hellcats were sold out across the US.,right now the Zs190's are sold completely out.

Since soooo many Clones are selling and that same engine also goes in the taotao Coolster which sells well too ,I'm guessing that there was nowhere near enough heads

stateside to begin to cover even normal failure rates ,and those have now sold out .

The new Tariffs are also slowing down import times into the US., I saw my already 3 week wait times on parts from China creep up to 4 and 5 weeks because of that mess
.,which has been aggravating to say the least .

Anyways my point is I don't think it's because of a big failure rate on the heads I think it was insufficient stock to cover even normal repl rates ,and underestimation of how many Clones would be sold both now and before .

Ya i have been seeing way slower shipping time from china lately, sucks!

I'm not saying the heads are failing just seems like the 54mm head should be common/readily available. I was just looking for a black head but all i see is 52mm 110cc heads. When i ruined one of my intake hole i bought a new silver head 54mm in april for $55 on amazon but now there is nothing. i seen one 54mm but it was like $100 would seem better just to spend another $200 and get a complete stock engine.

RedCrowRides
08-23-2018, 06:28 PM
" i seen one 54mm but it was like $100 would seem better just to spend another $200 and get a complete stock engine. "

^ So much this! I get $300 is more than $100 and for those that have the time, inclination, and skill to do the work I am all for replacing a head. That said, I am already old and frankly were my head to "asplode" on mine I'd order the complete engine and swap it, i have seen them as low as $229 shipped on Sale. I can do a complete engine swap in about the same amount of time ,and it's a complete new engine .Hell my other bike is a HD Sportster and you can't buy a set of mufflers for it for $300 let alone a whole engine ,thats why i love these Grom clones hell if it breaks
it costs next to nothing to fix it ,I aint gonna even try to fix nothing broke on it I just get a new one and put it on. ,ain't no sense working yourself to death .

Chinabike
08-23-2018, 08:17 PM
" I aint gonna even try to fix nothing broke on it I just get a new one and put it on. ,ain't no sense working yourself to death .

Aint that the truth. I think i came to conclusion :D

Chinabike
08-23-2018, 08:25 PM
I haven't seen any 125cc e start engine other then the one on parts kit.
have you seen any others.

https://partskit.com/#/product/602783