PDA

View Full Version : Issues in Nebraska

Whisky
09-05-2018, 02:02 AM
Went to register my bike yesterday and clerk said I need a title in dealers name. The Certificate of Origin is not enough. I contacted Venom motorsports and they said they will ups me what I needed. I guess we will see. Hope it comes out ok otherwise I have a 258lb brick.

Emerikol
09-05-2018, 06:16 AM
Whisky, I had very similar issues when I went to register my Hawk back in Georgia. Don't despair quite yet, you may need to get creative to get it registered. Also, try another DMV, if that's an option for you. The people on the other side of the counter usually have no idea what to do with a vehicle that isn't made by a big name brand and fits easily into their button pushing routine. I've been hearing good things about Venom lately, so give them a chance to make it right. Keep us posted on how it all shakes out.

kirbo7106
09-05-2018, 11:09 AM
When I went to register my Hawk in Florida, the person at DMV had to do a little digging. She actually had to get help from another clerk, but she gott’er done!

See what Venom will do. Like Emerikol said, try another DMV!

Keep us posted!

cbrfxr67
09-05-2018, 03:55 PM
In HOuston here I had same experience. The broad didn't know what to do with a Jiangsu Baodiao. She asked her manager who told her to go look it up. She had me wait while she flipped through screen after screen on her monitor.
Finally she said the dealer's name not on the paperwork was an issue and said that I needed a bonded title. bs I sent off my packet to Vermont and got my plate in a week later. Still need to go transfer it over to TX but I'm legal in the meantime,...

Whisky
09-06-2018, 04:26 AM
It is BS for sure. According to my local DMV website, I have every document listed to register it. It says I would need a title in the dealers name only on a used bike. I'm guessing they don't like the MCO due to the bottom portion is filled out in Chinese. I will just have to wait and see. I do have another DMV office to try if all else fails.

JerryHawk250
09-06-2018, 08:40 AM
It is BS for sure. According to my local DMV website, I have every document listed to register it. It says I would need a title in the dealers name only on a used bike. I'm guessing they don't like the MCO due to the bottom portion is filled out in Chinese. I will just have to wait and see. I do have another DMV office to try if all else fails.

Do you have Title/Notary Shops where you live? These people will put the time and effort in getting it done so they can collect there money. I refuse to go to the DMV and wait hours to get something done and only to find out you need xyz form. The little extra fee these shop charge is worth every penny. It took me 20 minutes top to get my Hawk tagged and registered.

Whisky
09-06-2018, 02:59 PM
Venom sent me the Doc`s I needed, got them today, went back to DMV and 10 minutes later got my plates. I really got to praise Venom Motorsports for stepping up and rushing to help a customer out. They could have given me the run around like some other places have done to others. All is good now.

cbrfxr67
09-06-2018, 03:32 PM
sweet! winning!

culcune
09-06-2018, 09:48 PM
sweet! winning!

Making Chinese bikes great again!! :lmao:

jsumd
09-08-2018, 01:06 PM
I have to agree, even at this early stage in my order, venom is far outweighing my last experience with powersportsmax.