PDA

View Full Version : Benelli TNT 135

edv3
09-08-2018, 01:45 PM
How good is this bike vs. say a Venom Powersports 125cc? I know the 135 is about $1000 more, but it’s FI, more CC’s and has a 12 month warranty? I’m concerned about having to do constant adjustments to the Venom bikes? Any thoughts? Would you buy a Venom AGAIN, knowing what you know now?

RedCrowRides
09-08-2018, 02:59 PM
It basically comes down to your budget ,your level of mechanical aptitude, and what you plan to do with the bike. Most of us bought China Grom clones because we couldn't, or did not want, to pay 3.5-4k for a Grom. The Venom bikes are not labor intensive and I would buy one again, but you will have to do your own maintenance and initial assembly and preventative measures ( loctite ,changing fluids, greasing things, etc),there simply isn't any Dealer support in that area. If you can afford the Benelli and do not want to do maintenance and basically plan to leave it stock, or do not have a lot of mechanical aptitude then that is the way to go.If on the other hand you like mechanic'ing and plan to modify the bike, you can build one hell of a Venom Vader, etc with the $1k difference in price.
The Benelli 135 is more fairly compared to a Grom or Kawasaki 125 in terms of build quality than a China Bike, despite it being less expensive. ,the Kymco Spade is also

in that area of cost comparison.

edv3
09-08-2018, 03:42 PM
Thanks for your thoughts. The Benelli is an Italian bike and it is made in China. I have a lot
of mechanical ability, so I’ll have to think over the TNT purchase.

culcune
09-08-2018, 11:42 PM
Off the subject--I work in Palmdale M-F

I should mention, the Lifan KPMini 150 is worth a look...they are now CARB certified; advantages--150cc vertical thumper, with 5 speed trans (I think that is also one of the advantages of the Benelli); California highway legal. Kronik Racing in Simi Valley is selling them, or will be selling them. They also sell the Vader 125cc, as well as 190cc crate engines--very knowledgeable dealer, and stands behind the stuff he sells, even taking the Chinese into account. They used to be a SSR dealer (who distribute Benelli in the US), but he stopped because they kept raising wholesale cost to dealers. That is why he started stocking the Vaders. Anyway, nearby in Simi is Simi Valley Cycles who prominently display the Benellis on their inventory page https://simivalleycycles.com/Showroom/New-Inventory You may already be familiar with both dealers, unless there is a SSR and/or Vader dealer in the Antelope Valley.

wlfpck
09-10-2018, 09:21 AM
The TNT135 is not a bad bike and it is from the Benelli brand so you can always order parts from them.

When I was shopping around... the Lifan KP 150 and the TNT 135 came up along with the Icebear Little Monster (looks like a tiny ducati monster).

I ended up going with the grom clone because of the following:

1. Easy to replace plastic parts that get cracked, scuffed, etc. Just hop on a grom forum or on eBay and get some parts.

2. Grom parts swap over. Pretty much these clones are just groms with a crf50 engine mount design. So access to rear sets, suspension, swingarms, etc. would all be the same. Exhaust would be easy to find. Just need one that fits the Honda Dax, z50, etc.

3. Tons of companies make aftermarket parts for these pitbike engines (horizontal single cylinder). If the engine blows up... just grab another pitbike engine. Want more power... Piranha 140, 150, or ZS190. ZS190 gives you a 5 speed and 190cc with electric start. Piranha 150 is electric start and 4 speed. Etc. Etc.

Either way you can't go wrong. If you want to go with long standing brands... you can check out the SSR Razkull. This is bike looks like a tiny ducati monster. The engine mounts are the same as a grom (uses 3 bolts instead of 2 like the Grom Clones). But is carbbed unlike the Grom. The exhaust port is also straight down like the Grom.

So all depends on what you're looking to do.

I went with the Icebear Fuerza because of the popularity of their Icebear Maddog (ruckus clone and ruckus clone with a 150cc). The Maddog is pretty well-known.

lineman55
04-20-2019, 05:22 PM
I just put my Benelli TNT135 in the classified section. It's a great bike. Hard to beat fuel injection and the quality is top notch. You will not be breaking off parts and tightening bolts. Bone stock does almost 75mph.

lineman55
05-11-2019, 08:26 AM
I have to correct this, the Benelli does not do 75mph, it does 64mph stock hitting the rev limiter.