PDA

View Full Version : Front end

Zx250r
09-10-2018, 01:17 PM
For a Vader;

Any front end swaps, Chinese or Grom?

Looking to upgrade forks and brakes but wondering if I should do steering stem at the same time?

Any Chinese stuff fit?

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Complete-Upside-Down-Front-Fork-and-Triple-Tree-Handlebar-Riser-for-Dirt-Bike-su-/122363247337?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10&_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1

Motorcycle 30/31mm Front Shock Absorbers Suspension Fork With L Or R Brake System Akcnd One Set For Yamaha Scooter Bws Cygnus
http://s.aliexpress.com/jEJ7RbiU?fromSns=Copy to clipboard

Lucastheking
09-10-2018, 06:14 PM
bro the forks on these little things are good man, you might just need some better oil on them cause they come with shitty china oil, my forks are awesome.

RedCrowRides
09-10-2018, 07:59 PM
I put stainless brake lines front and back, and switched brake fluid to a quality US made brand and they seem fine, it improved the feel a lot ,i do stoppies all the time so thats plenty braking.

The front i changed fork oil out to 225 - 250ml of 20 weight and added a set of SlingShot Racing Preload Adjusters and it;s good enough for me, I would try a fork oil change and start at 225ml then go to 250 if you still want more, my forks were underfilled from the factory and whatever it is they put in the forks in China can't really be called fork oil ,it's horrible , you will be amazed how much better the forks are with a fluid change .

I'd tell you if i knew what front end would fit though, but I don't other than i'd imagine

a Grom front end would fit but they aren't known to be a lot better ,and an Ohlins kit is way more expensive than what i would want to invest in for a china bike.

Zx250r
09-11-2018, 07:34 AM
Will the Grom ohlins kit for? Got a set of springs and will try to install later on

RedCrowRides
09-11-2018, 09:33 AM
As far as i know the Ohlins Kit will not fit a China bike ,the internals are different ,verified by one User here found the internals are different when he tried the YouTube " $15 dollar fork mod" for Groms on his clone. ,but I am speaking of the Ohlins complete kit that includes the dampener collars, shafts, springs , etc.

There are a couple of "springs only" kits for the Grom that may work on a China bike ,but I can not confirm for sure they will work myself .Let us know how it goes ,if you find the springs you have will fit or not and if they work what the price and source are and how much it seems to improve the front end, thanks!