PDA

View Full Version : Hellcat not charging

kyle.amsoil
09-23-2018, 09:19 PM
I own a small atv/marine repair facility and we took on these taotao machines to sell in our area. I ordered a white hellcat 125cc to test their quality. I didn't want to sell junk so I figured I would buy one for myself first. I was very surprised of the quality of the bike. You definitely can not judge the quality by a picture. Anyways, I did have a problem with the battery dying and I wanted to share my findings. The wiring going to the stator connector had the wrong pinout causing one of the charge wires to be plugged into an empty port. Hoping to save someone some time. The yellow wires on the stator should line up with the yellow wire and white wire on the vehicle harness. Very excited to play with this more. I see a zs190 being ordered for more testing.

siikmonkee
09-23-2018, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the heads up - I don't think mine had the same problem, but this makes me want to take a look.

These Hellcats are better than they look - do the normal bolt swapouts for the engine mounts and screw everything down tight and these monsters will surprise you over and over again. Anyone who has issues with them to start typically just hasn't done the 'quality control' that's needed with these China-born anklebiters - which by the looks of your post, you'll be fine in that department.

But yeah, I've really run the ropes with mine (offroading, maxing out the revs pushing as hard as I can to keep up with traffic on a 55 road uphill...the like) and at over 2k miles, I can confidently say that I expect the quality to stay up as long as I keep the maintenance on it. Same with the Icebear I've got - same type of bike, just a little different style.

Enjoy yours! And bring in more riders!

FLASHLIGHTBOY
09-24-2018, 04:14 PM
so which port is what suppose to be in??? same pic twice.....

kyle.amsoil
09-24-2018, 09:29 PM
I was just pointing at the white wire. I took the pin out of the connector and moved it to the other side. The empty slot is where the white wire was originally. I am not sure weather the harness side was wrong or if the stator side is wrong. I just know that the white wire in the harness side goes to one charge wire (either of the two yellows on the stator plug) and the yellow goes to the other so I moved them accordingly.