PDA

View Full Version : Boom sr3 125cc

chuck
09-30-2018, 03:52 PM
Hi,everyone.Can someone help me with more information about the Boom sr3 from belmontes bikes?,is it the same as venom x21r from venommotorsports?

RedCrowRides
09-30-2018, 06:09 PM
Aye, they are exactly the same. Baodiao (Boom) is the supplier to both Venom and Belmonte .

chuck
09-30-2018, 08:15 PM
Thanks,ordered one but they are in back order,let's see how long it's going to take.

wlfpck
10-02-2018, 01:42 PM
If you want one quicker... I'd recommend Icebear Fuerza or Icebear Little Monster or a Taotao Hellcat. That way you don't have to wait.

chuck
10-05-2018, 08:12 PM
Icebear fuerza is too stretch for my taste,Lil monster horrible color schemes and the Hellcat looks is not what I'm going for but I respect them all!!!

culcune
10-05-2018, 08:19 PM
Try Kronik Racing; they advertise with shipping, BUT they are not always willing to ship other than relatively local including Las Vegas. Call them for all it's worth...

http://www.kronikracing.com/

Edit: Sorry--it appears you are asking about Canada (I had not heard of Belmontes and just went to their site); I am guessing Venom and Belmontes are connected in some way other than just coincidentally offering the same bikes from the look of the websites. Either way--same bike as the Boom! Vader.

chuck
11-14-2018, 01:32 PM
If you want one quicker... I'd recommend Icebear Fuerza or Icebear Little Monster or a Taotao Hellcat. That way you don't have to wait.
Thanks wlfpck,cancelled the boom sr3 and ordered the lil monster.

chuck
11-20-2018, 02:08 PM
Time to start messing with everything,paint and mechanically.Noticed that it has a very smooth running motor.

cbrfxr67
11-20-2018, 02:38 PM
Locktite! Lockwashers! Everything! My .02

Sweet bike,...!

Whisky
11-22-2018, 02:14 AM
change oil 1st thing too, also I would check over all the wiring, I found a few connectors that were not pushed together properly.

RedCrowRides
11-22-2018, 09:24 AM
What Whisky said, get that factory oil the hell out of it ASAP . Make sure you loc-tite what needs it and grease and oil everything ,front brake and clutch cables etc and lube the chain ,they come with a coating that (supposedly) keeps the chain from rusting in transit but it isn't really chain lube.

Eventually you are prolly going to want to change the fork oil out because w/e it is they come with from the factory isn't very good ,and they also have been known to come underfilled, period but if you don't notice the front end "hammering" over bumps or diving under braking excessively then that can wait a bit ,some show up worse than others so it's kinda luck of the draw.

After that it's kinda up to you as to what you want to do with the bike ,most go carb/ filter / pipe then bars grips levers etc but it's all personal preference ., some people want to go performance and some are happy with it more or less right out of the box ,then there are the stunt bike build guys and offroad build guys , and the roadracer build guys - these little bikes are pretty versatile and you can make them into almost anything .

chuck
11-24-2018, 06:02 PM
New fatbars and a touch of paint looking more like a razkull clone,I hope!!

Whisky
11-24-2018, 07:57 PM
Looks great! Is amazing what a couple mods do to change the look for the better. Will look even better if/when you take rear fender off. Most do, but some don't. Personal preference.

chuck
11-24-2018, 09:39 PM
Looks great! Is amazing what a couple mods do to change the look for the better. Will look even better if/when you take rear fender off. Most do, but some don't. Personal preference.
Thanks whisky,that would be next to clean up the rear.

wlfpck
11-27-2018, 04:13 PM
Time to start messing with everything,paint and mechanically.Noticed that it has a very smooth running motor.

I have the Icebear Fuerza (the sister bike to the icebear little monster you have). I know that on the Facebook groups everyone talks about how the stock motor on the vader and taotao vibrate a lot and stuff which leads to the sheared motor mount bolt and things shaking loose.... but like you, my 125cc engine seems fine.

May be because we have a Loncin engine instead of a Lifan? Who knows... but I've been pretty happy with my 125cc. Will be swapping the 190cc as soon as my schedule and stuff smooth out and I stop being lazy. :D

chuck
11-27-2018, 07:14 PM
I have the Icebear Fuerza (the sister bike to the icebear little monster you have). I know that on the Facebook groups everyone talks about how the stock motor on the vader and taotao vibrate a lot and stuff which leads to the sheared motor mount bolt and things shaking loose.... but like you, my 125cc engine seems fine.

May be because we have a Loncin engine instead of a Lifan? Who knows... but I've been pretty happy with my 125cc. Will be swapping the 190cc as soon as my schedule and stuff smooth out and I stop being lazy. :D
I have the zs190 resting on my bench,I'm going to hate seeing the loncin 125 go,it feels like a tough little warrior.The only thing I have hard time with is the gear shift pattern,I'm used to the regular pattern and most times I end up down shifting instead of up shifting and over revving the engine.Side note, the loncin engine sounds and feels like a bullet proof engine.

wlfpck
11-28-2018, 09:22 AM
I have the zs190 resting on my bench,I'm going to hate seeing the loncin 125 go,it feels like a tough little warrior.The only thing I have hard time with is the gear shift pattern,I'm used to the regular pattern and most times I end up down shifting instead of up shifting and over revving the engine.Side note, the loncin engine sounds and feels like a bullet proof engine.

I will probably donate my loncin 125 to a buddy to use in his pitbike. We're going to try and convert his pitbike to make it street legal.

Figured if he has my 125, he'll be able to use electric start instead of having to kick start it.

While you haven't put in the 190 yet... you could also get a 4V head. Maybe bore it to 212cc. :D

chuck
11-28-2018, 11:20 AM
I will probably donate my loncin 125 to a buddy to use in his pitbike. We're going to try and convert his pitbike to make it street legal.

Figured if he has my 125, he'll be able to use electric start instead of having to kick start it.

While you haven't put in the 190 yet... you could also get a 4V head. Maybe bore it to 212cc. :D
OH man now we are talking but i'm afraid the bike will disintegrate lol.The only reason I will not do that is because I have a drz400sm for that extra power.

cbrfxr67
11-28-2018, 02:10 PM
I really like the 125 in the vader too. It seems like it is running great and I like the idea of the 190 but hesitant on pulling the trigger.

wlfpck
11-30-2018, 09:44 AM
OH man now we are talking but i'm afraid the bike will disintegrate lol.The only reason I will not do that is because I have a drz400sm for that extra power.

Nah. It's safe. If anything the 190 vibrates less according to people that already swapped. The big thing is the fact that you gain a 5 speed.

chuck
12-13-2018, 06:49 AM
Nah. It's safe. If anything the 190 vibrates less according to people that already swapped. The big thing is the fact that you gain a 5 speed.
Actually the motor on the Icebear is very smooth,it's not even broken in yet.

RedCrowRides
12-13-2018, 08:43 AM
I love the Zs190 swap, i really do and have plans to do it, that 5th gear is just too sweet to pass up, and of course the extra power.That said, I'm really so pleased with the power from changing sprockets, carb, pipe ,intake and CDI sets that I just am not in as huge a rush as i was to garbage can what essentially is a brand new engine that does what i need it to do . ,I think I am going to sort out a swingarm and ride a complete summer before I do the 190 thing ,i got my Vader in late last summer and by the time i really got thru assembling it and did a lot of mods , I only got a little riding in ,then we got Hurricane Michael'd, and after we somewhat recovered from that it had turned too cold/rainy to ride much.

I still have a ton more parts/mods to install already here just got to make the time to get on them.

wlfpck
12-14-2018, 11:35 AM
I love the Zs190 swap, i really do and have plans to do it, that 5th gear is just too sweet to pass up, and of course the extra power.That said, I'm really so pleased with the power from changing sprockets, carb, pipe ,intake and CDI sets that I just am not in as huge a rush as i was to garbage can what essentially is a brand new engine that does what i need it to do . ,I think I am going to sort out a swingarm and ride a complete summer before I do the 190 thing ,i got my Vader in late last summer and by the time i really got thru assembling it and did a lot of mods , I only got a little riding in ,then we got Hurricane Michael'd, and after we somewhat recovered from that it had turned too cold/rainy to ride much.

I still have a ton more parts/mods to install already here just got to make the time to get on them.

So on a grom with a Kepspeed swingarm (one with needle bearings instead of rubber bushing) is awesome. There's no slop. It's pretty nice.

I'm probably going to do the rear set, zs190, swingarm, and rear sprocket all at once since everything will be off. lol

RedCrowRides
12-15-2018, 07:51 AM
Yeah right now I think I'd rather do the swingarm ,I'll need to do it for the Zs190 swap anyways and I can benefit from it now as well- I have a new Ohlins copy rear shock I need to get installed and an aftermarket splash guard and stainless rear brake line so if I'm going to do all that i might as well just do the swingarm on the same pass so I only have to take it all apart once. I have a brand new OEM Grom seat ( the flat style) I really need to get installed too, the Gen2 Vader seat has that deep cut in it that pretty much forces you into the tank and it's driving me freakin' crazy bc it makes it really tough to slide back when stunting , so many projects and so little time lol !

chuck
12-18-2018, 11:56 AM
Doing really good so far,you kind of forget about the lack of power,very strange.Now I understand why they are a lot of fun.

cbrfxr67
12-18-2018, 01:13 PM
Looking good!

Yesterday I was splitting and some dude got peeved, sped up, closed in to keep me from passing.
On the bigger bike I'm so fast (ha i know) I could speed up and be gone before the guy could do anything. On the vader, I still squeeze through cause of it's size. Love this little bike. Left the dude laying on his horn as I passed him with a nod:hehe:

chuck
12-19-2018, 06:54 PM
Looking good!

Yesterday I was splitting and some dude got peeved, sped up, closed in to keep me from passing.
On the bigger bike I'm so fast (ha i know) I could speed up and be gone before the guy could do anything. On the vader, I still squeeze through cause of it's size. Love this little bike. Left the dude laying on his horn as I passed him with a nod:hehe:
Catch them by surprise.

chuck
12-24-2018, 06:11 AM
Fun factor:
Ducati s2r1000-157 mph-8/10
Suzuki drz400sm-95mph-9/10
Icebear little monster-60mph-10/10.
I thing the little one is gonna get me in trouble with the cops and I'm surprise with the stopping power of the front brake maybe because of the braided hose line.

RedCrowRides
12-24-2018, 09:20 AM
@chuck - As the saying goes , It's funner to ride a slow bike fast than it is to ride a fast bike slow .Not to say you can't manage to hurt yourself on a Grom clone, but the chances of it are far less than on a larger, heavier, faster bike and the fun factor is definitely still there ,especially with a few mods.It's also very affordable compared to other choices - And 100% agree on front brake, I added braided stainless brake line to mine and can do easy stoppies all day, i actually had planned to upgrade the brake pads but it was so good after just the brake line and brake fluid change i decided there was no real point ,when you can do easy 2 finger stoppies , you got all the braking you need lol !

Whisky
12-26-2018, 04:30 AM
What size (mm) front and back brake lines do these bikes take?

chuck
12-26-2018, 07:29 PM
I will get back to you,when I return from Ohio.

Whisky
12-27-2018, 12:49 AM
I will get back to you,when I return from Ohio.

Good deal. Thanks

chuck
01-06-2019, 04:31 PM
Sorry for not answering your question sooner what exactly you need to know,size of the hoses in mm or length of hoses?

Whisky
01-07-2019, 01:56 AM
Sorry for not answering your question sooner what exactly you need to know,size of the hoses in mm or length of hoses?

Both if you have info. Thanks