PDA

View Full Version : Hello From PA

charger7022
11-03-2018, 07:33 PM
Hello. :hi: looking into a hawk 250 or possibly that new tao tao tbr7. im leaning toward the Tao as it seems easier for me to register here in PA since its on the dot/epa list but I like the idea that the hawk has been around for a while and looks like I should be able to go the Vermont registration route if I have to. plus the hawk is a few bucks cheaper. What ya all think? Thanks!:hi:

Red Hawk
11-03-2018, 09:24 PM
What part of PA?
I had no trouble getting plates for my hawk in PA, you need MCO/MSO proof of insurance and bill of sale. I want to say with the tax and all it was close to $300 to get tags. If you read up here and have some tools you'll be just fine.

I can't leave things alone and have had a great time wrenching on my hawk. Like garage therapy. I think in the long run you'll find the Hawk is the VW bug of dualsport.

charger7022
11-03-2018, 10:20 PM
Im in southwest PA. glad to hear you got it titled ok, I heard good and bad about PA. I figure if the PA route goes south ill just do Vermont then they are forced to do it. as for wrenching im not shy in that department and will most likely mod the heck out of it. We are getting my son his first real dirt bike for Christmas so I want something to chase him around on and these bikes seem like a great choice for under $1500 and I can ride it on the road to. Thanks for the info!