PDA

View Full Version : Help! 'USED' SSR Razkull or 'NEW' Venom X21RS

CaptKhaos
11-22-2018, 03:46 PM
Hey all,

new to forum and mini motos!! Need opinions from the experts.

Last week i was looking at a used SSR 125 w/200 miles. pretty much flawless, $1500.

Then i found the Venom website.

here's my questions:

1. Differences between the X21RS and Razkull? Is the SSR a better built machine...or are they truly exact clones?

2. Differences between the X21RS and X21R?

3. Venom claims the X21RS's engine was redesigned with a HP carb and increase in engine volume... can anyone elaborate on what this did for performance??

In general, I like the black Venom's looks a bit more, and the extra value adds are a nice touch. My main concern is that I do plan to do the ZS190 swap pretty much right away...and want to make sure i am spending my $$$ on the best, most robust platform.

THANK YOU!!!!

culcune
11-22-2018, 07:17 PM
You probably would be fine going with either. My only concern with used is how did the owner take care of it. The Vader is yours to create from scratch, whereas the Razkull is already done. If you are strongly leaning towards engine swap, then the lowest cost bike is the better choice.

Whisky
11-22-2018, 07:37 PM
#3-carb is upgraded to serviceable -screws instead of rivets on floatbowl. Rev limiter removed. Tires are not that good, I'm thinking they are the same as other 125cc come with. SSR has better quality control "so I have heard " I have the x21rs and after going through all bolts, wires it runs/ rides great so as said above, either would be fine depending how previous owner took care of the ssr.

RedCrowRides
11-22-2018, 10:06 PM
All the advice so far is spot on, I have also heard SSR's quality control is better , i own a 2018 Gen 2 Venom Vader and really have no complaints ,nothing has failed ,but I did spend a good amount of time loc titing everything, regreasing, changing oil, etc . That said, i've modified it a lot with more yet to do and it is a capable stunt bike and we do some street rides and I'm satisfied with its performance at that as well.
I really think as others have said it comes down to which you can get cheapest and

is it a color you like , haha! Either way you choose to go, welcome to Chinariders.net,theres a lot of great folks here who will help anyway they can ,keep us posted with what you decide and put us up some pix when you can !

CaptKhaos
11-23-2018, 02:14 PM
Thanks guys!! I will certainly share my experiences with you all.

kirbo7106
11-24-2018, 11:36 AM
That’s a tough call! On one hand, you can get a new bike the color you want. On the other hand, that’s a good deal on a used SSR.

I don’t think you could go wrong with either of them. I’m not the one buying a bike and it’s a hard choice!!!

Good luck and keep us posted!

wlfpck
12-07-2018, 09:18 AM
I don't know much about the Venom X21RS. The thing about Venom is they rebadge/name some of their bikes. Like they use the Boom Vader and such but rename them to be a Venom X--. So I don't know if the X21RS is a the SSR Razkull rebadged, or a Icebear little monster rebadged, or the Boom version rebadged.

As for the Razkull... The brand has been around for a while. Motorcyle Magazine did a comparison of the Razkull agains the Grom, Z125, and K-Pipe in their small motorcycle shootout video. As such, I would think the Razkull is an original design by SSR... or if they have someone else manufacture, then they're the first to do it.

I believe Boom and Icebear later copied the SSR Razkull design.

If you plan on swapping engines though... I'd go with an Icebear Little Monster.

Reason for that is the 2 bolt engine design versus the 3 bolt engine design the SSR Razkull uses. That saves you from having to buy adapter plates.

I will say that on the Facebook groups, I have not really seen anyone with issues (like having to make small modifications to get things to fit) on the Icebears when they talk about swapping to aftermarket Grom swingarms and stuff like that.